The MT-07 Forum

2017 rear seat cowl

tucker21

hey guys,

first off i've been lurking here for awhile and gained a ton of great information so thanks!
i just got a 2017 FZ07 w/abs and im thinking of getting a rear seat cowl.

im wondering if there are any changes on the 2017 model that would require a different seat cowl than ones listed as fitting the 2014-2016.

i've done some googling and im thinking they all should be the same but im not 100% sure so would appreciate any feedback.

cheers!

ps: oh ya was looking at a set of kemimoto rear sets and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them.
they look nice and seem to be made of good materials but im a little worried about the lack of reviews out there when googling.

2017 FZ-07 ABS

• Global Moderator

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. The 2017 is the same as the earlier years so the cowl will fit. I was going to ask what color you got but since it is an ABS it has to be red (unless you are not in the US). Feel free to post some photos. We love photos :)

tyty appreciate the info.

i will def be posting some photos.
i pick her up tomorrow (what kind of dealer is open sunday but closed saturday???)

i've already purchased a ton of parts online so once i get them all installed i'll post some before and after picks.

and ya its the red im in socal.
i went back and forth between the red (my last bike a ducati was red) and the armor gray but finally decided i loved the red and my wife was a big fan of the ABS.

i made an introductory post in the new member section and in that i listed all the parts i've got coming so won't repeat that here, but they're all the most common mods.

i've been lurking here for awhile and now that im officially part of the club im sure i'll be posting alot more.

cheers!

2017 FZ-07 ABS

• Premium Member

The Yami cowl is by far the best, imho, built on the same base as the pillion it replaces so tools and factory bits will fit. But, unless this has changed recently, the only color it originally came in was the early gray, necessitating a repaint for anything else. However, I'm sure repops are much cheaper, if that's an issue.

• Global Moderator

They show a black option now on the Yamaha website.

• 1 month later...

I ended up getting a carbon fiber cowl and I think it looks great on the red bike.

if you want to see how it looks check out my build thread in the members gallery forum (my ginger build).

cheers.

2017 FZ-07 ABS

Archived