The MT-07 Forum

SC Project

manuel

For a grand, plus shipping I would assume, I'd rather one of the proven Akra options I can get from a US vendor. It does look nice though. Just my $0.02.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

Oh, there are dealers in North America, Motovation I think is one of them. I think the prices will be adjusted to the North American market, once they bring them in.

I like them because they have presence in MotoGP. I've also seen SC Project exhausts on other bikes, they seem to be of very good quality. They are proven :)

Looks good, but the price.

Can never get over the price of exhaust systems in the bike world, they cost as much as some of the stuff I have put on my cars and trucks in the past.

I know, all the accessories seem to carry a huge margin (oh, wait until you see the Canadian prices:)). I remember being at the dealer and holding those OEM frame sliders in my hand...I could not bring myself to spend $260 before tax on them. I felt that there was no substance behind that price.

On the other hand, an Akrapovic evolution (Ti) for my car is about $5K. A slip-on (just an axle back muffler with 2 outlets) is about $2.5K. Both Akrapovic and SC Project are nicely engineered, top quality pieces. I would have no problems paying for them, as I think the value is there.

• Global Moderator

Good looking exhaust, loud though. But it is probably impossible to really catch the sound on a youtube movie.

That's right, hard to actually catch the actual sound! This clip is actually not as bad as some of Akra videos that are available out there.Most of these videos are taken with phone cameras and in some cases the lower frequencies get awfully distorted.
Oh, and it looks like there is a db killer insert to go with it - but I am not sure if the video is with it or without.

Found another YouTube vid with stock and SC Project sound bites, complete with drive-bys.

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZqvDz7C91k]

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• 1 month later...

if it can be gotten its probably the best or close to the best looking and most factory looking pipe out there for the bike

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member

So after looking at all the exhaust this is by far my most favorite. I really like the Akropovich also but this SC exhaust has more of the GP look to it and sleek. I like the Ixil also but for $100 more I'll go with what I really want. Would be nice to see all three of these systems drop $50-$100 since $600-$700 isn't cheap.

• 3 weeks later...

I am very interested in this pipe. I hope Dobeck has or can make maps for this exhaust. I am about to purchase this month and would love a tuner to go with it. IMO this is the best exhaust after akra.

• Premium Member

For me it's all about looks and sound I could care less about performance. Only downside is its a $700 mod for looks and sound but man do I love the SC exhaust it's the one that out of the Ixil and Akropovich I like the best. All the other exhaust look like big fat cans hanging down below. For a full Ixil exhaust it's like $550 so for a few more dollars I'm going to get what I really want the most.

Got one being delivered from Italy this Friday, will post some pics once received!
P1020283_zps4a7a6a36.jpgP1020285_zps7f86e93a.jpgP1020286_zps915bcfcf.jpg 
Ten days from order, manufacture and delivery to the UK!

Mont

• Premium Member

Ewwwww I likey! I really hate to pay $700 for just looks and sound since I don't care about performance gains but man that's a sexy exhaust! I'm going to get it and if something came up I had to pass on it Ixil twin exhaust for $550 shipped is my next option. I have five months till I come home and after seeing how cheap panels are for the FZ-07 I'm going to get me one in red or grey definitely now. I want to paint the back section red and order a white set along with a new rear panel set and paint it white also. Thanks for the pics let's see them on the bike now and some running video.

Does Dobeck have a tuner for this exhaust?

Nope, been weve been emailing back and forth and sc finally responded back to him lol, hell let us know when its ready

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

Archived