The MT-07 Forum

After a year of z1000 ownership took the pilgrimage to 2WDW.

SkH

For the FZ07, I changed out the exhaust after 1 month, and then waited a whole year before sending it to 2WDW for flashing.

This time out, I had the z1000 for a whole year in stock setup, and 2 months ago I put on smog block off plates and finally last month I replaced the stock exhaust.  Immediately booked an appt with Nels/Derek and a few days ago took the hour ride to Kirkland WA.

Man, were they busy.  It was just the 2 of them and they didn't seem to have much of a down time.  Nels was on the phone non-stop.  Got to hand it to him, he's taking care of business.

My bike waiting in the wings on the left there.  A CBR was getting tuned behind the gray door.

20170525_122207.jpg

Derek and Nels prepping.

20170525_124657.jpg

On the Dyno while the ECU was being read by the PC.

20170525_125609.jpg

I took a vid but there is some bad audio cracking from the exhaust noise so I won't post it.  Its cold and loud in the dyno room and the bike's chain was freaking me out so I left after a bit.  Haha.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• 1 month later...
For the FZ07, I changed out the exhaust after 1 month, and then waited a whole year before sending it to 2WDW for flashing. 
This time out, I had the z1000 for a whole year in stock setup, and 2 months ago I put on smog block off plates and finally last month I replaced the stock exhaust.  Immediately booked an appt with Nels/Derek and a few days ago took the hour ride to Kirkland WA.

Man, were they busy.  It was just the 2 of them and they didn't seem to have much of a down time.  Nels was on the phone non-stop.  Got to hand it to him, he's taking care of business.

My bike waiting in the wings on the left there.  A CBR was getting tuned behind the gray door.

20170525_122207.jpg

Derek and Nels prepping.

20170525_124657.jpg

On the Dyno while the ECU was being read by the PC.

20170525_125609.jpg

I took a vid but there is some bad audio cracking from the exhaust noise so I won't post it.  Its cold and loud in the dyno room and the bike's chain was freaking me out so I left after a bit.  Haha.

How did it come out after the tune? Before and after numbers?

How did it come out after the tune? Before and after numbers?
OEM setup is 
HP 127.2 @ 10,300rpm
Tq 74.1 @ 7,700rpm

With my Mivv exhausts and dynotune, here is the printout:

2015_Z1000_dyno_run_mivv.png

It isn't too big a difference.  Apparently a 4-2-1 exhaust can get around 138 hp but that wasn't too much a big deal for me, I wanted to retain dual exhausts.

The biggest thing I cared about is just getting rid of the lean condition and removing the check engine lights from the removal of the exhaust servos and secondary air induction.

It sort of smoothed out the rough characteristics of the throttle and lessened the engine braking even more, although I got used to the smoother throttle, was kind of bummed about the reduced engine braking.

A weird plus that I wasn't even counting or thinking about was the mpg got better somehow as well as the fuel gauge is reading properly now (it used to be very bad where all gauge bars would be gone even at half tank) .

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

Archived