The MT-07 Forum

Hi everybody

sloop1210

Hi guys,

I just joined the forum today and to be honest with you, I don't own a FZ-07 yet.

I am Belgian and lives in the USA. I moved here 2.5 yrs ago. I passed my BRT (Basic Rider Training) and got my license 2 yrs ago but I haven't ridden a lot since. I was riding my wife's 250 Rebel for awhile and a friend gave me the opportunity to ride his R6 for an afternoon but that's about it.

I now consider buying a 2017 FZ-07 ABS but I am a bit scared at the same time as being excited. I read a lot online and watched lots of reviews on YouTube and according to all these, the FZ-07 should be ok for a beginner as a first bike and I found only one review saying it was maybe a bit too big but what's your opinion on it?

Thanks in advance

• Premium Member

Welcome!

Im only 5'8 @ 170lbs so it fits me just right. This is my very first bike, its nimble, very comfortable and fast if and when you need it, IMO its the perfect starter as long as you always respect what you're sitting on and baby-step your riding skills.

If you can manage riding responsibly then I say buy it, you wont regret it.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Welcome!  
Im only 5'8 @ 170lbs so it fits me just right. This is my very first bike, its nimble, very comfortable and fast if and when you need it, IMO its the perfect starter as long as you always respect what you're sitting on and baby-step your riding skills.

If you can manage riding responsibly then I say buy it, you wont regret it.

Hi mrpuss,

I am 6'0 and about 210lbs (I know, I need to loose weight). Is that too much (in height and weight)?

I usually don't go crazy on things I don't really know/master and always try to increase little by little my knowledge and skills. It's comforting to see that I'm not the only trying to start with the FZ-07.

Many thanks for your answer.

• Premium Member

Welcome!
There are a lot of us on the forum who started off with the FZ as our first bike.
If you don't feel comfortable at first then start by practicing in a giant parking lot and you'll slowly learn and gain confidence.

Welcome! There are a lot of us on the forum who started off with the FZ as our first bike.
If you don't feel comfortable at first then start by practicing in a giant parking lot and you'll slowly learn and gain confidence.

Hi i2837856393 (What is that for a name? ??)

it's really nice to see that I'm not the only one trying and that it actually works to start with an FZ.
I'll definitely follow your advice and go practice as soon as the beauty will be at the station.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

welcome! no way your height and weight is "too much" :)

Many have had the FZ as their first bike. Down the line those who have kept the FZ can easily upgrade the suspension and turn it into an even better animal ;)

[div]I wouldn't recommend an FZ-07 as a beginners bike to anyone that I haven't seen riding a small bike first and prove to me they are competent.[/div]

Beemer

Archived