The MT-07 Forum

Old rider, new FZ.

gripnrip

I had my mind set on a dual sport but saw this a 2017 FZ-07 at a local Chevy dealer at a great price. I loved the looks of the 07 but wasn't sure how I felt about the parallel twin engine. I rode a Ninja 650 a while back and wasn't impressed. Nonetheless, for the price I thought it was worth checking out. A test drive and an hour later I walked out the proud new owner a nearly new FZ-07. Only had 285 miles. They took the bike in on a trade and given the price I got it for, the poor sucker who traded it in must have really took it on the chin. When I get a chance I'll post some initial thoughts.
IMG_0768.jpg

photo website hosting

welcome aboard as for old well that depends body maybe old but your mind is still young.
well thats my excuse .lol

Welcome and congrats! This bike makes you feel better than One A Day 50 +!! :D  Woot!

Oh, yeah, stay frosty!

Beemer

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there gripnrip . Me too, was dead set on a dual sport, but got a pretty good deal on an FZ just like yours. I was dead set
 on a WR250r until looking into the FZ. I hope you like it. I do ,but this is my first street bike since teenage days in the mid 80's. I still have a dirtbike but haven't rode much in years.

• Premium Member

welcome @gripnrip !

Welcome and congrats! This bike makes you feel better than One A Day 50 +!! :D  Woot! 

865677845-grumpyoldmen.jpg474989-statler-and-waldorf.jpg

Welcome, old is a myth. I ride an 06 R1 and picked up the 07 with my son last fall. His is the exact same one you have. These lil bikes are a blast. My body is 60, my mind is 19 having the time of my life right now, never going to slow down either.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

My grammar isn't the greatest. I guess by "old" I meant that I've been riding for a while, not necessarily that I'm up there in years (although I'm no spring chick)). Thanks for all the greetings though. I'm loving the FZ! In a strange way it kind of reminds me of the Ducati Monster I used to own (RIP... a kid turned in front of me...). I'm already learning tons about the bike.

My grammar isn't the greatest. I guess by "old" I meant that I've been riding for a while, not necessarily that I'm up there in years (although I'm no spring chick)). Thanks for all the greetings though. I'm loving the FZ! In a strange way it kind of reminds me of the Ducati Monster I used to own (RIP... a kid turned in front of me...). I'm already learning tons about the bike.
Well crap, I been riding since I was 9 so that is 51 years.  now I dont feel so old :) 

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 3 weeks later...

I just found out I might have to sell my newly acquired FZ! We had a couple unexpected expenses and things are now a little too tight. It's a bummer because it's such a great bike.

Archived