Sign in to follow this  
groobie85

Best FZ-07 tires?

Beemer

I get the feeling the thread title should be "Your Favorite Tire" because according to everyone theirs is THE BEST. Just saying because these threads always go this way. Oil threads seem to be the worst when it comes to THE BEST oil. 

Beemer

FZ07R WaNaB
6 minutes ago, Beemer said:

I get the feeling the thread title should be "Your Favorite Tire" because according to everyone theirs is THE BEST. Just saying because these threads always go this way. Oil threads seem to be the worst when it comes to THE BEST oil.

Well... it's funny you say that because my tires are definitely not THE BEST (PR4), but my oil definitely is THE BEST (Castrol ActEvo) 😁

Beemer
12 minutes ago, FZ07R WaNaB said:

Well... it's funny you say that because my tires are definitely not THE BEST (PR4), but my oil definitely is THE BEST (Castrol ActEvo) 😁

Ha! Hmmmm, Castrol ActEvo. Now are we talking what 'you consider' to be the best or what has been 'proven', without a doubt, to be the best? Careful, we don't want this to turn into a BEST OIL thread all over again, lol! 😉

Beemer

FZ07R WaNaB
1 minute ago, Beemer said:

Now are we talking what 'you consider' to be the best or what has been 'proven', without a doubt, to be the best?

Is there a difference? 😆

Beemer
2 minutes ago, FZ07R WaNaB said:

Is there a difference? 😆

lol! Funny! Maybe you should change your name to "Bill Nye the Oil Guy" you would get sooo many followers/worshipper's. 👨‍🔬 

• Haha 1

Beemer

scat2me
11 hours ago, norcal616 said:

Between the FZ/MT/Tracer -07/09 platforms- the Pilot Roads seem to be majority choice, the Q3s are also a decent choice... Pireli GT seems to be long life tire...

So I guess no one has tried the Metzler ?

Wintersdark

I've been so happy with my PR4's.  They feel tight and planted all the time, they're amazing in poor conditions (rode with them down to -15c through the winter), and 12000km on them since last May and still lots of room to go.  I'll replace them, when I do, with a set of PR5's or more PR4's.  That's about as adventurous as I want to go.

I've run Dunlop's, Avon's, and Bridgestones on other bikes, but I'm MUCH happier with these Michelin Pilot Roads than I have been with anything else.