The MT-07 Forum

Help me decide on color! Photoshop pics...

pgeldz

• Premium Member

So, I know I want White, but not too sure i like the two-tone white fender.  I like it from the side view, but not too sure i like it in the front view.  I also like the Black frame of the Red bike, so I did some photoshopping to see what different color combos would look like with White being the tank color.  Let me know what you think...

With Silver frame:

[attachment id=1" thumbnail="1][attachment id=2" thumbnail="1]

• Premium Member

With Black frame:

[attachment id=4" thumbnail="1][attachment id=5" thumbnail="1]

It's a lot easier to change the gas tank panels and fender than it is to change the frame, so let me know what you think...

:)

- Paulie

• Global Moderator

I like the black frame and fender. That is one of the things I like about the red one. That, and I like red. Also red matches my fun car.

Guest montana07

I like the black fender better on both frames, but prefer the black frame. It's close enough that I would probably just look at part prices and decide from there. If the tank panels are expensive I'd go white, swap fender to black and live with the silver frame.

Guest brickst3r

Get the red and just paint the tank later. I think that would be a lot easier then painting the frame to black if you like it all black. I personally like the all blacked out frame and fender too. But i'm going with graphite and i actually wished the frame was black as well, but the blue is okay with me.

Guest ybcheese

I like the black fender, I would have a hard time deciding between the frame color as I like both. Can't wait to see the first custom paint job done on a fz 07 tank, some crazy graphics would be cool..

I have been debating this same issue as I will be picking up a Pearl White FZ-07 today. The white has grown on me, especially considering this is the only color my dealer has in stock. I haven't decided if I'm going to be cheap and black Plastidip the fender or shell out how ever much they want for a black fender. Does any one have a price on swapping out the fenders yet?

• Premium Member

Well fellas, i have an update :)

The tank plastic is in 3 pieces - left side, right side, and a very small piece in the middle under the Black plastic protector.  Each side is about $85, and the center piece is about $7.  

The front fender is in three pieces also.  The middle is that Black textured plastic that comes on every FZ-07 regardless of color, so I didn't price it since I'm not gonna change it.  The two side pieces are $35 each and come color matched for the Liquid Graphite and Pearl White bikes, but the side pieces for the Rapid Red are a very, very dark Charcoal color, not Black.

I've decided I like the look of the White bike best with the Black frame and dark Charcoal front fender, so I just bought an FZ-07 in Rapid Red, and had them order the tank pieces in Pearl White, as that's the easiest and cheapest way to accomplish my preferred color combo :)

Also of note, the actual Pearl White bike comes with a red spring on the rear shock - all other bikes come with a Silver spring.  Not that it matters, because if I end up upgrading to Ohlins suspension at some point down the road when and if it becomes available, I'd bet money it'll have a Yellow spring :)

So it's a done deal.  Getting an Arai Defiant helmet in Frost Black.  Should make for a clean combo.

One more thing on the differences, but this time it's not colors, it's tires.  These bikes will come with either Bridgestone BT023's, or Michelin Pilot Road Sport 3's.  It doesn't look as though it'll be regional either, because I've seen two of these bikes now in the same city with different tires.  From my research, the Bridgestones are slightly better for dry weather, and the Michelin's are slightly better in the wet so if you have choices that could be a determining factor in your purchase...

:)

- Paulie

• Premium Member
I like the Bridgestones better. They grip really really well.
Good thing my bike came with them then ;) 
- Paulie

• Premium Member
Pics? Vids? Start your gallery! I know, I'm just a big fat broken record.
Nothing to post yet.  Bike is waiting for the Pearl White tank panels to arrive - and when they do, I'll be on vacation.  I expect to have it in my garage in about 3 weeks :) 
- Paulie

• 1 year later...

I have a white FZ-07 with silver frame and I regret not getting the black frame. I never really liked silver/chrome and i'm afraid when I paint my bike, it won't look right. 

GO FOR THE BLACK FRAME!!  :D

• Premium Member

Black frame. I was disappointed that the white bikes didn't already come with this from the factory.

• Premium Member
Pics? Vids? Start your gallery! I know, I'm just a big fat broken record.
Nothing to post yet.  Bike is waiting for the Pearl White tank panels to arrive - and when they do, I'll be on vacation.  I expect to have it in my garage in about 3 weeks :) 
- Paulie
So.....does mean you have two FZs now or am I missing something? 

• Premium Member

Sounds that way. He said he just ordered another one, and we all know his original is tracked out to the nines.

I can't decide ... how about silver frame with white tank and fender panels on the left side and red tank and fender panels on the right.

Feng Shui FZ!  8-|

Beemer

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Black frames rock! Go reds!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

WOW, old thread for sure. I don't have two bikes, lol...

I have two sets of plastics...well, actually three sets - the original Red ones, the white set I bought, and another Whtie set I got that we turned in to the Movistar livery :)

- Paulie

• Premium Member
WOW, old thread for sure. I don't have two bikes, lol... 
I have two sets of plastics...well, actually three sets - the original Red ones, the white set I bought, and another Whtie set I got that we turned in to the Movistar livery :)

- Paulie
Yea.... :-X  I should have paid attention to that.   That's pretty cool to have all the different skinz though. If you get tired of one look you can simply change it up.  Not sure why but, it makes me think of a good way to commit a crime and then cruise back by the scene.

Maverick

I really like your helmet! I was thinking of buying one like that but it's the graphics on it that kill!! Did you paint that yourself or brush for hire? To me, it matches the helmet well because it sorta looks like a pilots helmet.

[attachment id=806" thumbnail="1]

I've always liked this one as well.

[attachment id=807" thumbnail="1]

Beemer

Archived