The MT-07 Forum

Black Widow full System w/ FTECU, Questions.

elegiacfz

Hey guys new here, hopefully this hasn't been covered in specifics, I wasn't able to find anything at least.. my FZ has a full black widow system w/o baffle, and just yesterday I installed the FTECU bundle, flashed with a power commander V map for the yoshipipe w/ stock snorkel.

Has anyone had experience with this setup and FTECU / self flashing?? If so please elaborate.

Also, presumably running a map for a diff set up would potentially be harmful correct?

I have the Mivv Oval Carbon full exhaust and FTecu Bench kit. It isn't going to matter that much which map you use, they are all going to be better than stock fueling for your setup so I'm pretty sure there's no need to worry about harming the engine in this case. I have run about 5 different PC maps just to see how they felt with my exhaust and I also have the snorkel removed. The Yoshi map with snorkel removed seemed to be too rich. I'm currently running the Graves map with good results. My only issue is a check engine light with code SD--17, a code that isn't even listed in the service manual I have, that I got the first time I flashed. I have a trouble ticket with FTECU that took 5 days for them to respond to (sent in initial message, waited 3 days, sent second message, waited 2 days, sent third message and finally got a response) and they aren't exactly blowing me away with customer service.

Hopefully, others have more experience they can chime in with.

Awesome thanks for the reply, were you able to find the meaning of your check engine code? I would like to try the graves map but would like to avoid any issues..
- also, when remapping do you need to "unwrite" or will the new installation overwrite the first?
Thanks ahead of time

I got the code after the first flash to the yoshi map. I think it may have something to do with the immobilizer on the Euro models (i have a MT-07). No need to unwrite, just pull up the stock map for your model, add the PC fuel table, make any other changes you want (fan temps, engine braking) and write it to the ecu. Easy.

Gotcha, thanks again.. I had a relatively similar issue with ftecu.. claimed they sent package upon ordering.. 3 weeks later they "re-ship" it

Archived