The MT-07 Forum

Any East Coast Tuners for reflash?

tenspeed

Is 2 wheel dyno the only game in town for a ecu reflash? or is there anyone else worth considering? I live east of the Appalachia and sending my ecu across the great divide creates a little anxiety.

first post, first fz07 purchased today, its raining so I will take it home tomorrow, if its not raining.

thanks for all the good info here!!!!!

rh

Guest 2wheeler

I believe there are some folks who do it on the East Coast, but can't say for sure who. What I can say is that I was a bit anxious about shipping the ECU too, but gotta say that it was as seamless and easy as can be. It takes nothing to remove it - check youtube for the how to video. Total down time will be a week, maybe less. The reason I went with 2WDW was all the positive feedback on this site. They have done a lot of work with the FZ-07 ECU, and really have it dialed in. Plus they do not charge you for any reflashes after the first one which is great if you are modifying your bike. It's worth every penny!

There are tuners all over the country, and probably some close to you. Some make bold HP predictions, some never calibrate their dyno's correctly and have some crazy false HP charts in their websites.

Some only tune for hp and ignore that they are putting customers engine parameters into unsafe zones. Some blow up engines right on the dyno.

There are also very good tuners around the country.

I chose Two Wheel Dyno Works as our forum vendor because he is very very good at not only getting 100% of the "safe" available Hp, but I know for a fact that he calibrates his dyno the right way and as a result he has flashed more FZ-07 Ecu's than anyone else out there. He is also the vendor on my fj-09 and fz-10 forums and he his tunes have never blown an engine.

They also have very fast mail order turn around. Send your ecu in on Monday, you'll have it again by weekend.

I'm not slamming anyone else, but as the owner of this and other bike forums, I simply go with the best Vendors that I know personally and Nels is famous on most bike forums around the country and even the world.

Thanks for joining us, keep posting and sharing!

• Premium Member

Hordpower is another forum vendor is located around central Ohio I believe...
The potential week long downtime by shipping to 2WDW can be quicker if you choose and pay for faster shipping options instead of the normal USPS flat rate box...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

pineappleunderthesea

I went with 2WDW and live in PA, had no issues whatsoever. They were great at callling me when they received my ECU and confirming what I wanted done. But if you still have worries, you might want to check with your local Yamaha dealer, many of them might also flash tune the bike. One near me does the Graves mapping, or you might be able to buy the flash kit from Graves. But like others, i went with 2WDW since they had so much data and success with the FZ.

Hordpower is another forum vendor is located around central Ohio I believe... The potential week long downtime by shipping to 2WDW can be quicker if you choose and pay for faster shipping options instead of the normal USPS flat rate box...

Hordpower is a great option as well !

thanks for all the input. I sent them (2wdw) an email about my set up and what I want to do. Will wait to hear back from them. Thanks again for all the help!

You can literally call the number 2wdw provides and nels will pickup and talk to ya as long as you want. I called him out of the blue 7:30 at night cuz it's his cel number and he answered all my questions and chatted a bit so , just ring him and see what's up

• 2 weeks later...
kriptikracing

I went with vcyclenut. I originally was going to buy an fz09 but ended up with the fz07. In the FZ09 realm, Vcyclenut is well known. David who owns vcyclenut is very helpful and always returns your emails any where from 30secs to an hour or two. It's always same day reply. He's really good with communication. Because I was going with the fz09 originally, I knew he did fz07's also so I went with him. I can't specifically tell you if his tune is better than 2wdw or somebody else. I only had my 07 for 2 days when I had switched out the ecu and installed an akrapovic Carbon exhaust. Oh that's another thing, he's an authorized dealer for akrapovic so I got my ecu flashed and my exhaust from him at a very good price. Another good thing is that he does a "no down time" thing where you pay an extra $200...he'll ship a flashed ecu to you...when you get it, you swap it out...if you're happy then you send him your original ecu. He'll refund the $200 once he receives your ecu and confirms its working. That way you can continue to ride your bike while you wait for a flashed ecu. Check him out: http://www.vcyclenut.com/store/c9/FZ_7%2FFZ_8_Products.html

• 4 weeks later...
2wheeldynoworks

Side note: We also flash FZ-09's. We actually were the first company in the states to flash the FZ-09. We sold it through Stoltec Moto on the fz09 forums. I think we have more flashed fz09's than any other bike :)

For mail in services, we flash: 

List of Applicable Flashes
[HASH]Yamaha
[HASH]FZ10
[HASH]FZ1 06- to current
[HASH]FJ09- to current
[HASH]FZ09- to current
[HASH]FZ07- to current
[HASH]R1 07- to current
[HASH]R6 06- to current
[HASH]XT1200 [HASH]SuperTenere- to current
[HASH]XSR900