Sign in to follow this  
mikey

New member from the Bay Area, California.

mikey
Hi everyone my name is Mikey, I live in the bay area.  Just got my new FZ-07 a couple weeks ago and absolutely love it.  Favorite bike thus far. My first bike was a 1980 Cb750 Custom and then a Yamaha xj600 Seca 2. Been riding for little over a year. I blow glass for a living full time and teach classes at a school. Heres a picture of the bike haven't done anything to it yet but plan on getting to it soon! Excited to be apart of the community! Thanks!   motorcycle.jpg
  • Like 1

hippiebikerchick
Welcome mikey! I'm from the south bay, glad you found our forum. Be sure to post your production number here

There is a Glass Institute near me and I want to take the pumpkin making class offered.
  • Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

motomeek
Welcome!
  • Like 1

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Guru
Welcome @mikey! Great to have you here. Blowing glass is an art form, fascinating. I'd love to see some of your work. What sort of sculptures do you make? Do you sell your work and have a website?
  • Like 1

cassecou
Welcome and Bienvenue Mikey. What a coincidence, I also do glass blowing, but only on empty beer bottles, and can safely say, I don't have much of a future with my hobby though. Good luck with yours, you have a very creative job, and good choice of bike.
  • Like 1

mikey
Awesome! Thanks guys.  I make all kinds of different things. I make a lot of  intricate pendants. I also make pipes. I do sell a lot of my work and also teach glass blowing classes at a school 4 days a week. I don't have a website unfortunately but I do have an instagram, although I dont post as much as I should on there.  It is Fractal__Glass. I am ordering a suction cup mount for my go pro.  When it comes ill get some sweet mountain riding footage anf post! Thanks again everyone! 
  • Like 1

Guru
Wow ! Amazing stuff. You're good!

Click  ;)

mjh937
It is hard to believe you have been blowing glass for less than a year. That is amazing. Oh, and welcome to the forum too :).

Guru
It is hard to believe you have been blowing glass for less than a year. That is amazing. Oh, and welcome to the forum too :).
I think @mikey has been blowing longer than riding....  
edit:  I just saw October 2013 on Instagram. That's amazing !!  :o

mikey
Thanks guys!  No, actually I have been riding longer then I have been blowing glass.  I just put in a lot of work!  I