On 12/29/2017 at 6:58 PM, faffi said:

I know Cycle World said that it handled pretty nice when they tested it cirka year 2000, give or take, but I cannot recall them having Roberts there. 

You're probably right about him not being there then. The video I saw showed him at his home, pulling out of his driveway and hauling ass down the road on his VMAX and him commenting about the bike.

Either one of us can have the memory off, and I am sure you are correct about Roberts commenting positively. Heck, the old man, long before he grew old, took a journalist on the back of the then new XS1100 for a lap around the old Nurburgring. Wearing nothing but street clothes and a helmet, Roberts still circulating at a record pace for street bikes, carrying the very frightened motorcycle journalist. With Roberts seemingly happy to go at speed on the XS, I have no doubt he felt good with the handling of the V-Max.

6 minutes ago, faffi said:

Either one of us can have the memory off, and I am sure you are correct about Roberts commenting positively. Heck, the old man, long before he grew old, took a journalist on the back of the then new XS1100 for a lap around the old Nurburgring. Wearing nothing but street clothes and a helmet, Roberts still circulating at a record pace for street bikes, carrying the very frightened motorcycle journalist. With Roberts seemingly happy to go at speed on the XS, I have no doubt he felt good with the handling of the V-Max.

My foggy memory also remembers that journalist's ride but can't even remember if it was a print article or elsewhere. I'm sure at age 66 today he'd still make a lot of todays pro riders look like amateurs.

The article was in MOTORRAD, a German magazine, but could of course also have been sold to the press in other countries.

Roberts back in 2010, still having a go

On 1/4/2018 at 3:13 PM, faffi said:

The article was in MOTORRAD, a German magazine, but could of course also have been sold to the press in other countries.

Roberts back in 2010, still having a go

I had a dream last night that I passed Kenny on my FZ-07 and a unicorn handed me a trophy! Hey, it's my only good dream, don't ruin it! 😏

johnakay, I was just looking at your pictures and noticed that you have a chain oiler on your bike, if you're still around, would you mind telling me about it and how it's working out for you...thanks, Mark

The next chain/sprocket change I do on my bike I'm switching over to a 17T sprocket up front. I'm assuming the people that have trouble with refueling on long trips due to the lack of gas stations would want to or already have done this. Thanks for the review on it!