The MT-07 Forum

2017 and dangle angle

mossrider

I added 2mm more shock length and stopped draggin the exhaust can in this corner. (maybe a 1/4 inch ride height)  Last year I had ground through the belly pan, the strap that holds the carbon end cap and almost through the exhaust can in this corner and T13 on short course. It's stiĺl close to decking tho. Besides the wife, who knew 2mm made such a difference?  I also lost a few pounds, and think I'm a little younger this year too...

IMG_5990_X3_1.jpg
whoopie!

My question is, did you pay a professional photographer to get that nice pic?

Beemer

Ha, nice catch! My sister in law is one of the track photographers so I have an in. There are several realy good ones there to pick from tho.

Ha, nice catch! My sister in law is one of the track photographers so I have an in. There are several realy good ones there to pick from tho.
Figured it to be something special. It reminded me of a good pic a friend of mine had showed me years ago after he'd paid a professional photographer to capture him getting some air time on his new Suzuki TM 100.  

Beemer

You are a lot furthur off the bike so the bike can be more upright. His head is still very centre. The top pic is at the tyre edge limit ( no where to go if you need to tighten the corner). The lower pic allows your suspension to work more and gives you a bit more turn in leeway.
Great pics . Best way to deconstruct your riding. Pretty much the only way I had to get any improvement when I wasracing as there were no coaches.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• 3 weeks later...

Well I jinxed myself with this pic. Just got back from June race weekend and I got over confident in this very corner and lowsiding it EXACTLY where this pic was taken. This is my favorite corner on this track and I thought I was pretty good in it. Turns out I'm not.

I was leading the grid into it once again after a fantastic 2ND row start in the lightweight superbike race; in the wet, on rain tires. I think to myself, "I got this", brake marker, downshift 6th, 5th, 4th, apex, roll on gas, BONK! Tucked the front.

Idiot.

Pics and video to follow.

I blame Beemer.

On a positive note, I'm fine and the bike isn't bad. The suit in the pics is trashed, all hail good equipment. I raced the bike a short time later after some minor repairs. This sticker showed up on the bike. It's not easy to earn this distinguished award.

IMG_20170611_143526018_HDR.jpg

russian photo sharing

• Premium Member

Glad you are ok. Thanks for sharing.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Ben Bostrom's number - coincidence? Glad you are OK after your spill!
My old badge number, I'm a retired cop, hence the Blue Line Racing connection. But yes, Bostrom made the number.

Meat head...

Ready, set, go, crash

Good times, can't wait to do it again!

Glad to hear you are ok, and I love those coming in hot stickers. We need to get some of those for the mid-atlantic.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a couple pics from a track day at Road America a couple weeks ago. What a track!

35098817986_c7affb96b6_o_resized.jpg

34295304644_86a6919190_o_resized.jpg

And a couple from the June weekend at Brainerd. Had one nice day and one sunny day, lol.

IMG_5687_X5_2.jpg

image resize service

IMG_3988_X5.jpg

Ben Bostrom's number - coincidence? Glad you are OK after your spill!
My old badge number, I'm a retired cop, hence the Blue Line Racing connection. But yes, Bostrom made the number.
congrats on that, I'm halfway there this year. I'm also hoping to be able to race after I retire!

Archived