The MT-07 Forum

Cool/interesting bikes you've seen in the wild

Redstang4

Post pics of cool or interesting bikes you've seen. 

Custom bobber(?) with an old Honda I4. Stickers all over his tank. Beat up, but I bet the person has a great affection for this old thing.

bobber.jpg

image hosting

Looks kinda cool but at the same time it looks like a death trap. I don't know which would handle sh*tier. That bike or one with huge ape hangers. (hate those things!) Does it even have brakes? Oh, there it is. I bet it could stop on a thousand dimes. That hot, burning pipe looks real welcoming, too!

Beemer

• Global Moderator

An old BSA I saw outside a Starbucks and i am not sure what too call the other one.

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

cdn images

Spotted this at a gas station back in 2005. Both rider and passenger were male, and their caravan rather small...
Gold_Wingmedcampingvogn.jpg

An old BSA I saw outside a Starbucks and i am not sure what too call the other one.

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

cdn images

I think I remember that 2nd one from the sixties outside grocery stores. You put a quarter in it and it rocked back and forth for a couple minutes. :D 

Beemer

• 6 months later...

So I was looking through the motorcycle listed in the DC area's Craiglist, and I came across a freaking cool Honda CX500 custom. Too bad I don't have the funds as this one surely does it for me!

Hre's the link for it, and it's only $14K (former version of his ad)

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/mcy/d/honda-cx500-deluxe/6407092714.htmlCX500-1.thumb.jpg.cd4065fe41fb92baa99c2df34b5253e5.jpgCX500-2.thumb.jpg.1e7f5891812e6842a2b231178bd8d645.jpgCX500-3.thumb.jpg.d64c7ccc6847361b3c3317742cfb0f01.jpgCX500-4.thumb.jpg.6ce19dcc8b88f3c72b0b08eb48778b88.jpg

What ruins this bike for me, is the narrow rear wheel. I see the same thing over and over with Virago builds as well, but it's even worse with the CX as it only has a 2.5in (x16) rear rim. The Viragos have either a 3.00x16 (old) or 3.00x15 (less old). But to match them up to a 3.50x17 up front is just plain wrong. Would you fit your Mustang with 10 in front wheels and 7 in rears?

For the Virago, the proper solution is to fit a 4.00x17 off a XJ900 Diversion. There is also a 5.50x17 from the BT1100, but good luck finding room for that ;)

The CX has a couple of options; wire wheels is the simplest. Fitting a single sided rear end from a NTV650 is another, as seen here http://caferacersunited.com/honda-cx500-cafe-racer-by-gavin-clarke/

Finally, you should be able to fit the 4.50x17 from a 650 Deauville to the stock swingarm without too many mods, although it would make life simpler by fitting the rear end off a CX500T, CX650T or CX650E. These are fitted with Pro-Link suspension as well as rear disc brake.

Just my 2 cents 😁

EDIT: Forgot to mention another option; converting the modern fork to take a stock CX front wheel to run with the stock rear.

Archived