The MT-07 Forum

This is a bike I am waiting for. ( for parts)

gregjet

The Freewind had the same engine as the DR650, but was more street-oriented with a fairing and a 19in front wheel.

I see the MT60 being used on many bikes, but most of what I've found suggest they are best for lighter bikes. Strangely enough, the thread depth is less on the rear tyre than the front (4.9 vs 5.0 mm) which may explain the short life many report.

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member
On 5/15/2017 at 7:12 PM, gregjet said:

I am waiting for Tracer parts to become available. Particularly the swingarm to see if it fits on the std 07. I reckon it should fix a few of the things I don't like about the current bike ( particularly the rear weight bias).

Any thoughts on the longer swing arm reducing the amount of rear anti-squat?  While probably a small amount, it could make a difference.  I assume one reason AP Motoarts increased ride height with their shock link was to increase anti-squat.

If I do my own longer swing arm I could use a eccentric bushing setup to raise the swing arm pivot point at the frame.  A couple millimeters could make a difference I suppose.   Thinking out loud again.  Lol

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

The majority of the antisquat is going to come from the linkage design. I have reconstructed the 07 in my Foale suspension files but it is on my laptop in the workshop so it is a bit of an effort, at the moment, to check the antisquat of the tracer arm extra length.

Do you have a reason for wanting more antisquat?

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, gregjet said:

The majority of the antisquat is going to come from the linkage design. I have reconstructed the 07 in my Foale suspension files but it is on my laptop in the workshop so it is a bit of an effort, at the moment, to check the antisquat of the tracer arm extra length.

Do you have a reason for wanting more antisquat?

I do not, But I remember it mentioned that the 07 swing arm angle was shallow for a race bike.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

I raised the rear but a more controlled antisquat design may be better on a track.

• Premium Member
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:45 PM, gregjet said:

I raised the rear but a more controlled antisquat design may be better on a track.

Are you familiar with this software?

https://www.suspact.com/

It seems they have the dimension points for the fz07.

A little more research confirmed that more anti-squat geometry by raising the swingarm pivot would be beneficial.  This assumes the fz07 is currently below 100% anti-squat measured when rider is on board.  Do you remember the stock anti-squat percentage for the fz07?  Thanks! 

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Sorry, I ran the simulations quite a while ago, lost the software, got a new computer, reinstalled the software then modelled another bike, so a bit out of my memory.

Archived