The MT-07 Forum

Trying to Decide Between the Bitubo XXF11 and XZE11

chuckles

As the title states, I am going to order the fork kit and a rear shock from Bellissimoto but I keep going back and fourth on which rear I want. I'm looking towards keeping my FZ mostly street with a few track trips and plenty of spirited back road rides. This makes me lean towards the single clicker (XZE) but at the same time I do not want to get everything installed and then wish I went for the higher end XXF11.

Can you guys provide any direction/recommendations? I have not seen any reviews of the XZE yet but I am assuming that it is similar to the 8900e from Penske.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I have the XZE11, got it installed Saturday. Feels tremendously better, I haven't been able to play with the rebound adjustments yet (just preload) so I anticipate my experience will only improve. I just couldn't justify the expense of the XXF and I'm pretty sure I won't regret my choice.

• Premium Member

I went with the XZE11 (and JBH fork kit) simply because I dont do track and the last thing a noob like me needed was a bunch of dials and adjustments that would just bruise my delicate brain stuffings.
My searching only brought forums with a lot of positive reference of Bitubo as a whole. IMO reviews for shocks are fairly subjective from rider to rider anyway.  All my Italian gear is top notch so I went with that feeling.

Sorry, Im not any help for you I know, Im just excited is all. Still waiting for those willy Italians to wrap it up and send it on over. :)
Keep us posted.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
I have the XZE11, got it installed Saturday. Feels tremendously better, I haven't been able to play with the rebound adjustments yet (just preload) so I anticipate my experience will only improve. I just couldn't justify the expense of the XXF and I'm pretty sure I won't regret my choice.
Cool! Im right behind you on this one.  Sadly it'll be a winter install for me. Did you go for the Bitubo fork upgrade as well?  

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
I went with the XZE11 (and JBH fork kit) simply because I dont do track and the last thing a noob like me needed was a bunch of dials and adjustments that would just bruise my delicate brain stuffings. My searching only brought forums with a lot of positive reference of Bitubo as a whole. IMO reviews for shocks are fairly subjective from rider to rider anyway.  All my Italian gear is top notch so I went with that feeling.

Sorry, Im not any help for you I know, Im just excited is all. Still waiting for those willy Italians to wrap it up and send it on over. :)
Keep us posted.
Exactly what he said! I won't be waiting until winter though I'll be updating mine ASAP. I'm impatient that way. :)

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Yeah, I have the JBH as well. I'll be knocking it out as soon as I have time. I threw the shock on in less than an hour, pretty sure the forks are going to be a little more difficult. :D

Did you raise the rear at all? I was going to extend it the full 10mm when I install. 
I ended up going with the XZE11 and JBH but I have about 2 more weeks of waiting. I'll be installing as soon as they arrive. Its hard enough waiting for them to show up, I don't think I can last more than a day with them sitting in the garage haha.

No, I didn't mess with the height adjustment yet.  I didn't want to change too much at one time.  I just installed it, set the rebound in the middle and adjusted the preload.  I haven't gotten to ride it much at all as the weather has turned on me.  I probably won't change the height unless I read about some others with positive experiences doing that.  My initial impression is that the shock is a great improvement.

No, I didn't mess with the height adjustment yet.  I didn't want to change too much at one time.  I just installed it, set the rebound in the middle and adjusted the preload.  I haven't gotten to ride it much at all as the weather has turned on me.  I probably won't change the height unless I read about some others with positive experiences doing that.  My initial impression is that the shock is a great improvement.
That's probably a good idea to establish a baseline. Is the height adjustable with everything mounted?

I went out to the garage to have a look. I'm not positive it can't be done, but If its adjustment is accomplished at the top as I suspect it would probably be easier to remove it. Couldn't see the bottom under the cover so it might be accessible there. Not much help, sorry.

Archived