The MT-07 Forum

R6 Front end swap and rear ride height

striple

Hi,

I race an R6 and just happen to have a complete front end lying about as spares and my brother has bought an MT-07 (we're in the UK). As I understand it, it should just be a straight swap with a different top bearing needed? Does anyone know what size bearing we'd require or can link to where I could buy it.
Also does anyone know the length of the dogbones on the AP rear ride height adjuster? Or just how much shorter than stock length they need to be. I know someone in a machine shop and they don't look too hard to make up and would be cheaper to get one made up here than paying to get one sent over I imagine.

Thanks for any and all help!

• Premium Member
Hi, 
I race an R6 and just happen to have a complete front end lying about as spares and my brother has bought an MT-07 (we're in the UK). As I understand it, it should just be a straight swap with a different top bearing needed? Does anyone know what size bearing we'd require or can link to where I could buy it.
Also does anyone know the length of the dogbones on the AP rear ride height adjuster? Or just how much shorter than stock length they need to be. I know someone in a machine shop and they don't look too hard to make up and would be cheaper to get one made up here than paying to get one sent over I imagine.

Thanks for any and all help!

Not sure the length of the AP link, but my link is .1875 inches shorter and it raised the rear height .625 inches measured at the axle.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member
Okay, thanks dude gives me something to work off! Any idea on the bearing?

Nope, I can't help on the bearing.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

My link is 90mm and the bearing is $50 because the race has to be machined alittle. Hope this helps you get started.

Archived