The MT-07 Forum

Ogio Tail Bag, and how to mount it...

philmets

Hi all,
I recently purchased an Ogio tail bag, awesome piece of kit. I've been a fan of Ogio products for years, their stuff lasts for ages, very well built. Highly recommend you check it out if you're shopping for a tail bag. With regards to mounting, I tried the carribena/key ring loop method to hold the straps but found it wasn't totally solid and moved around a bit. After experimenting I found that attaching the straps to the screwdriver bit, which holds the helmet holding cable worked perfectly. Very stable indeed, and totally secure. Pics attached...

IMG_2804.jpg

IMG_2805.jpg

IMG_2806.jpg

IMG_2808.jpg

IMG_2809.jpg

IMG_2810.jpg

photos uploaded

• Premium Member

Nice! I chose to mount my Ogio bag a different way since I wasn't sure how well the seat latch would hold with the additional weight load of a fully loaded pack so I did it a little differently as shown in this thread.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Good work, DewMan, more than one way to skin a cat! I had a full load of groceries in mine today; can't believe what I managed to fit in there, a cantaloupe and a big bunch of bananas amongst other things lol! Felt secure, no moving around etc. Seat latch appears to be doing it's job so far.
IMG_2801.jpg

• Premium Member

@philmets Good to know :)

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Just a question for those with this bag, I have the nelson Ring tail bag https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/nelson-rigg-cl-1060-s-sport-tail-bag and i do really like it but I have found that in my 7000ft elevation New Mexico sunshine it will sun fade in a hurry. Have any of you with the ogio bag noticed that being an issue? I like how Dan@dewman has his mounted and I may go to something like this if it will stand up to the sun more. My bike is only out when its in the parking lot of my work and it shows the effects of the sun pretty bad.

Just a question for those with this bag, I have the nelson Ring tail bag https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/nelson-rigg-cl-1060-s-sport-tail-bag and i do really like it but I have found that in my 7000ft elevation New Mexico sunshine it will sun fade in a hurry. Have any of you with the ogio bag noticed that being an issue? I like how Dan@dewman has his mounted and I may go to something like this if it will stand up to the sun more. My bike is only out when its in the parking lot of my work and it shows the effects of the sun pretty bad.  

Mine is pretty new and hasn't been exposed to the sun too much. It doesn't get overly hot in Atlantic Canada, so I can't imagine that would happen. I'll post an update if I run into any issues. Something to note; the Ogio has a rain cover that is part of the bag, it zips into a small compartment on the riders side, very easy and quick to put on and take off. Using that when you're out in the sun would probably help protect it.

The bag looks nice when mounted but if a person isn't always going to be using the bag and doesn't want it mounted all the time, the straps hanging out from under the seat don't look too appealing.

Edited: after a swift kick in the arse it has become obvious to me that the buckles can be tucked under the seat.

Beemer

• Premium Member

The bag looks nice when mounted but if a person isn't always going to be using the bag and doesn't want it mounted all the time, the straps hanging out from under the seat don't look too appealing.The straps can be tucked under the seat when not in use if they bother you too much. :)

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member

I've also not had mine very long and mine is garage kept. But I'd suspect eventual sun fade would be an issue at any price point especially for this lower priced bag. 

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

The bag looks nice when mounted but if a person isn't always going to be using the bag and doesn't want it mounted all the time, the straps hanging out from under the seat don't look too appealing.The straps can be tucked under the seat when not in use if they bother you too much. :)
I have mine set up similarly.  Just tuck the straps under the seat when not in use. I thought that was obvious. 

I have mine set up similarly.  Just tuck the straps under the seat when not in use. I thought that was obvious. 
It is obvious, I just had to be told it is, ha! Not a good day for me obviously. Aren't we all allowed one dumb mistake a day? 
Waiter, more coffee! x_x

Beemer

• Premium Member
It is obvious, I just had to be told it is, ha! Not a good day for me obviously. Aren't we all allowed one dumb mistake a day? 
Waiter, more coffee! x_x

*sniff sniff* What's that smell? ..... smells like brain fart. :) 

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Waiter, more coffee! x_x

*sniff sniff* What's that smell? ..... smells like brain fart. :)
lol! You got it! I must shield myself from the kryptonite here, it's slowly draining me of brain power. 

Beemer

Archived