The MT-07 Forum

Shinko Verge tires for a steal of a price

danfz07

Well time to replace the tires.  Decided I would try the Shinko Verge this time.  I have used them before on a other bike and thought they did quite well, especially for the price.  And right now I found them for a steal of a price for $90 bucks for rear and $70 bucks for the front!  If you are in the market they are great tires for a great price.  I used them on a Triumph Sprint and I would call their performance as good as most everything else I put on the bike.  

Dan

https://www.jakewilson.com/p/1165/29330/Shinko-011-Verge-Rear-Motorcycle-Tire

Seems like a good enough road tire to me. It may not be top of the line but it can be said that not even the best tire will grip when it hits oily or sandy surfaces in turns on common roads. Good find I say!

Beemer

• Global Moderator

I always thought that Shinko was some Chinese knock-off tire not worth looking at but I was mistaken.
It is actually a Japanese company that started producing tires in South Korea with molds and technology from Yokohama. I have learned something today and if you are reading this, so have you.

Yea Shinko's are no joke. I rate them better than a bunch of the so called premium tires. The only tires I have used that are handle better are so sticky that tread life seems to suck. The verge seem to be a great compromise of tread life and handling.

Archived