The MT-07 Forum

CRG Arrow mirror offer better rear view than OEM's?

jakenrb17

jakenrb17

Hey guys, just got my 2016 FZ07 (1st bike) 8-) .
Can't see sh*t behind me with stock mirrors...looking for comments from folks who have the CRG Arrow mirrors.
Better and worth the price (dawn expensive but like the look and fold-ability) ?
Need the bar-end adapters? 7/8 is the size?
(sorry did some search in the forum but always end up with list of mods guys did without comments...)
Many thanks!

I have the arrows on stock bars with the CRG adapters. They are worth the money in my opinion versus all the cheap crap that breaks and shakes. Visibility is great and they are rock solid. I fold them up when backing in my garage and pop them back down when leaving. You need the adapters unless are going to fab something, should be more on that if you google.

• Premium Member

Anything with a larger mirror would about have to be better, all else being equal.

But, my rear vision improved dramatically with the stock mirrors by just adding extension arms.  These look "factory" and don't stick up or out all that far. 

P1020618_2_c.jpg

I own the CRG Arrow mirrors and I think they are definitely worth the money. Since they are down low you don't have to worry about looking over your shoulder anymore and also the mirrors are more convex than the stock ones so you have a wider field of view and can see more than with the stock ones.

If you want to be able to see behind you they are great, definitely worth the price, I'm cheap for the record lol. BUT I would say the biggest downside is not being able to identify if there is a cop behind me. I can see the car, I just can't tell what type of car it is.

I love the CRG Arrows. I can see around my shoulders with no problem and the visibility is excellent. It does take more of downward look to see them than something sticking up from the bars but I have mine mounted on woodcraft clip on bars too.

Dan

jakenrb17

You got me convinced guys...i'll spend the extra money in the name of safety!
Tks to all for sharing thoughts
Cheers

You got me convinced guys...i'll spend the extra money in the name of safety! Tks to all for sharing thoughts
Cheers
Now you just need a magnifying glass in order to tell if the car behind you is a cop car or not. 
That said, LOVE my CRG Arrows.

jakenrb17

Once installed I'll see what you mean I guess 762mm...can't be worse than OEM when not knowing if the car in my back (Cop or not) will ran me over at the next stop light!
Order placed. tks again

Having issue with the CRG 7/8 bar end adapters...they simply don't fit in the handle bars! Am really puzzled why am seeing guys fit them so easily on youtube videos while mine are just a tad wider than the stock weighted bar ends so doesn't go in at the threaded area level. Even brought my bike to the dealer to see and mechanic measured my adapter and its a few mm wider than stock ones.
Anyone had same issue? Wonder if I can returned them (bought from Fortnine in Canada)?
Is my only other option the RhinoMoto threaded bar ends (even more expensive)?
Will add few pics for you guys to see (hope this works):

IMG_0665_zpsjlg5euit.jpg

IMG_0663_zpsizwuxqql.jpg

I contacted CRG Moto directly to inquire about this and they told me they offer two different 7/8 adapter model so the one I got was the wider one and the other one was maybe 3mm thinner so ain't really sure if gonna fit my specific Canadian OEM handlebars. Their customer service guy was very helpful. I will keep their Arrow bar end mirrors but i'll play safe and ordered some Rhinomoto weighted bar end adapters (they are threaded and supposedly are plug & play!). Waiting for order to come in, will keep you guys up.

I contacted CRG Moto directly to inquire about this and they told me they offer two different 7/8 adapter model so the one I got was the wider one and the other one was maybe 3mm thinner so ain't really sure if gonna fit my specific Canadian OEM handlebars. Their customer service guy was very helpful. I will keep their Arrow bar end mirrors but i'll play safe and ordered some Rhinomoto weighted bar end adapters (they are threaded and supposedly are plug & play!). Waiting for order to come in, will keep you guys up.
I just had the oem barends machined, the rhinomoto ones is a fing robbery.

How much did that cost you 762mm? 

My cousin has a lathe at work, took him 10 minutes, didnt cost me anything.

My cousin has a lathe at work, took him 10 minutes, didnt cost me anything.
Nice...

Finally installed my CRG Arrow mirrors after receiving my Rhinomoto bar end adapters (reminder the CRG adapters I got (they have 2 7/8 models) didn't fit my handlebars). Wow really plug & play. Now I CAN SEE behind me!!!
Great quality for all these products that sell at premium prices I agree but safety is priceless for me.
77_FB0_C40_95_DE_4178_9_BE9_D0_C3168_EA143.jpg

Not only do they offer a wider field of view, if you break a part you can order just that part, unlike with the stock mirrors.

Beemer

I drilled out the stock bars so they would fit. Really wasn't that difficult. Just slowly went up in drill bit size til they fit. I knew it was temporary anyway cause I had drag bars on order. Didn't like the drag bars so I wound up running woodcraft clip on bars in the long run. I still have the drag bars if you are interested?
Dan

Not only do they offer a wider field of view, if you break a part you can order just that part, unlike with the stock mirrors.
Good to know Beemer.

I drilled out the stock bars so they would fit. Really wasn't that difficult. Just slowly went up in drill bit size til they fit. I knew it was temporary anyway cause I had drag bars on order. Didn't like the drag bars so I wound up running woodcraft clip on bars in the long run. I still have the drag bars if you are interested? Dan
Am all good for now Dan.  tks

Archived