The MT-07 Forum

Woodcraft Axle Sliders

blackout

• Premium Member

I have the front Woodcraft axle sliders installed.  Very nice indeed.  These are designed so that a racer can change wheels quickly, not that I need that function.  lol  The main assemble stays on the axle when the axle is removed.  Only a deep socket would be needed.  It does look like the supplied lock washer might interfere on the thread side of the axle when removing, but that could be easily fixed by grinding the o.d. a little smaller on the lock washer.  If you look at the picture below, I marked an X where I had to remove a little material to get the piece to completely seat into the axle.  No big deal, just smooth it down with some sand paper.  The instructions did address this issue and chalked it up as an axle issue.  The Woodcraft tolerances are tight and the zinc plating inside the axle was most likely the problem.  No big deal.  The pucks are held on with quick release pins.  Pretty slick setup!  :)

0506171256.jpg

0506171332.jpg

0506171332a.jpg

0506171335.jpg

how to upload photos in internet

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member

Well, the rear axle slider kit has some issues. The right side does not stick out far enough to insert the puck pin. The left side sticks out too far with the provided spacer. But if you remove the spacer, all is good on the left side. And no, the right side can not use the spacer that was suppose to be for the left. I will call them on Monday.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member

0507171434.jpg

0507171434a.jpg

0507171434b.jpg

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member

0509171033.jpg

0509171045.jpg

Woodcraft will be sending me a new part, meanwhile I made a bushing that should do the trick.  I'm lucky to have a small mill at work that I can use.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Archived