The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 Rev limiter

faffi

Guest 2wheeler

I'm going to be really interested in the comments on this one. I was playing around with some fast runs the other day, and I swear the tach was hitting 11K in 2nd (revved too damn fast to stop it). I would have thought that if there is a rev limiter (don't know if there is) that it would have kicked in by then. Which leads to the big question, does 2WDW turn off the rev limiter with their flash? If they do, that would explain everything.

does 2WDW turn off the rev limiter with their flash? If they do, that would explain everything.
It's still there for me...

If they do mess with it they will turn it up a little but wont turn it off,
but if your after best performance there is no point in bouncing it off
the limiter every gear.

• Like 3

Don't plan to find it - shifting at 8500-9000 seems to give the best performance anyway. But good to know it's there - couldn't find any mention of it in the manual.

• Like 1

Don't plan to find it - shifting at 8500-9000 seems to give the best performance anyway. But good to know it's there - couldn't find any mention of it in the manual.
IKR, no need to if it doesn't help anything. Could 'possibly' do more harm than good finding it too often. (not saying faffi is planning on doing that) From what I recall reading in a professional review a couple years back (don't recall which review), the h.p. peaks between 8.5k rpm and 9krpm. and the torque peaks lower around 5.5k rpm.  

Beemer

• Global Moderator

If you want to see the HP and torque curve here they are. 2wdw has charts for stock as well as many of the popular exhausts.

• Like 1

Beemer, I was thinking more in case of a missed shift than revving the engine to the redline for performance. I usually shortshift below 7000 rpm even when in a hurry because there is so much grunt on tap. But the reason I raised the topic was that the owner's manual say not to operate the engine in the red zone, with no other information, so I wondered if it was actually without a limiter like in the old days ;)

• 2 years later...

Yeah, Idk where this rev limiter is.  I swear I've ran it to 11 grand.  I'm not ballsy enough to stay on the throttle past that

Straight from the software.

Soft limiter starts at 10,475 rpm. Hard limiter 10,490 rpm.

Soft limit is like hitting a rev wall. Hard limiter is the waaaah bap bap bap bap (limiter you hear).

Revving anything above 9k is a waste of time.  You will be faster by shifting before that, as mentioned already. 

19 minutes ago, geophb said:

Straight from the software.

Soft limiter starts at 10,475 rpm. Hard limiter 10,490 rpm.

Soft limit is like hitting a rev wall. Hard limiter is the waaaah bap bap bap bap (limiter you hear).

Revving anything above 9k is a waste of time.  You will be faster by shifting before that, as mentioned already. 

Gotcha.  It was more so my curiosity than trying to be quick.  I've probably been hitting the soft limiter unknowingly

• Like 1