The MT-07 Forum

Yoshimura Exhaust

motomaniac13

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quick question all...did you have to drop radiator to get to the bolts? I was looking yesterday and that looks like a tight fit between header pipe bolts and back of the radiator??? 
Thanks

AC

I used a 3\\8 ratchet, 12mm deep socket, 3\\8 universal joint, and a 3\\8 extension. Just barely enough room.

August BB, or anyone for that matter, have your pipes started turning gold?! Swoon! ;) in love with this exhaust now. I've been pinning the throttle all the way up to 9k for some long bridges I ride over and the high heat is turning my pipes a deliciously golden. :P

Pics to come when it stops raining......Portland......

Guest August BB

I've only taken it out once with the exhaust on because I'm out of town for a few days (basically left the day after I rode). But rode about 35 miles and it had a slight yellowish tone in color after I was done. Too bad I'm heading back home and it is raining.

Guest August BB

@bigity I just checked to make sure, yeah I was using a metric allen socket.

And after another 20 miles today, my pipes are looking like yours.

@bigity I just checked to make sure, yeah I was using a metric allen socket. 
And after another 20 miles today, my pipes are looking like yours.

Well, that's a bummer that it stripped. At least, IMO, the pipe is so loud you'll never need to remove the silencer. :)

I think this is the most bang for the buck! Look awesome... super easy to install... sounds great (even with the baffle in). This pipe is super loud with the baffle out! You can't go wrong.

Until I heard the Yoshi sound I was a confirmed "Leave the exhaust alone" believer. But now I'm wavering ???

FJR1300A,Triumph S3,Ducati S2R1000
VisitedStatesMap2011.jpg 310820.png

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Until I heard the Yoshi sound I was a confirmed "Leave the exhaust alone" believer. But now I wavering ???
Until I saw those golden pipes I was a confirmed "Leave the exhaust alone" believer. But now I'm wavering. 
I did not know guys could swoon but this is definitely swoon-worthy.  (:))

Illegitimi non carborundum

I just bought my bike. Already ordered OES frame sliders and a Graves license plate kit. Still debating on a screen but I think I've made my exhaust choice!

Got it on pics and video to follow...I am running it with no baffle :) Its not bad at idle in fact I would dare to say quieter than my Leo Vince without baffle on my old Ninja 650. BUT rev it past 2500 rpm and it gets REALLY LOUD. I will try to post a video without baffle so all can hear

AC

I'm waiting for someone to post a picture up with this exhaust system with a red FZ07! I still can't make up my mind lol. Unless someone have great photo shop skills haha.

I'm waiting for someone to post a picture up with this exhaust system with a red FZ07! I still can't make up my mind lol. Unless someone have great photo shop skills haha.

So am I. I think the carbon would look better than the stainless but would like to see a comparison.

So am I. I think the carbon would look better than the stainless but would like to see a comparison.

Definitely agree. The stainless is for the white, the carbon for the red, and either for the blurp.

Hi all sorry been busy last few and its been raining...if tomorrow is clear I will post up photos ...so you can see it on red bike....If I can figure out how to get a video ill do that as well since I'm running no baffle...????

Archived