The MT-07 Forum

Yoshimura Exhaust

motomaniac13

• Global Moderator

I think the carbon fiber looks really good with the red, but the stainless is not bad either. How is that for being somewhat wishy-washy :).

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Global Moderator

I prefer the stainless. I'm simply not a fan of the carbon fiber look.

My guess is they might sound a little different, and if so I'd base my choice on the sound before the look. Just my $0.03.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

Guest August BB

Damn, I'm tempted but... 140 dollar premium to get it now instead of in Dec. I think I better rein myself in. Already spent too much money.

• Premium Member
I just ordered the yoshimura. In stock, shipping to me soon. 
Any suggestion - does the ECU need remapping?

Where'd you order from, if so kindly as to oblige.

Everything went braap.

Guest August BB

If you don't mind paying the extra hundred dollars to get it now, both Carbon and Stainless are in stock at Yoshimura website itself.

What do you guys think would look good on a red FZ07? carbon fiber or stainless?

I went back and forth so many times. I looooved full cf parts. Ultimately I went with the SS version. I think it fits better on this bike. The carbon endcap is perfectly position and matches the black of the tire nicely. The SS can is placed nicely to match the silver colored body pieces above it.

I usually go for CF but they really did a good job with placement of the different colors, so I ordered the SS from Rev. Just gotta wait now....

I ordered from Motostarz out of Canada. but they have a Blain warehouse for us shipping. (I'm in seattle).
They say ships 31st Oct to me.

• Premium Member
I just ordered the yoshimura. In stock, shipping to me soon. 
Any suggestion - does the ECU need remapping?
Yoshimura told me there's nothing you need to do, just install and go! That's usually how they make all their parts.  

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Guest August BB

I ordered from Motostarz.com as well (stainless) thanks to a heads-up from acenturian and it shipped Fedex from California today. Guessing it is coming directly from Yoshimura. Can't wait, getting here Tue.

My question is why does Revzilla still say "shipping in Dec"?

I ordered from Motostarz.com as well (stainless) thanks to a heads-up from acenturian and it shipped Fedex from California today. Guessing it is coming directly from Yoshimura. Can't wait, getting here Tue. 
My question is why does Revzilla still say "shipping in Dec"?

Arrrg! You all beat me to it. I just called Motostarz and they shipped their last one and hour before I called :(

I called rev and they still say December....

• Premium Member
Would really love to see the power gains and weights for this to compare to the 2Bros...

@bigity posted this:

Stock exhaust is 18.5 lbs
Yosh SS exhaust is: 9.5 lbs
Yosh CF exhaust is: 9.0 lbs

Some great weight savings.

DB info. The following are at idle, 2k, and 5k:
Stock exhaust: 75.2, 80.7, 91.0
With silencer: 83.3, 88.7, 99.7
W/O silencer: 85.3, 89.8, 102.7

Everything went braap.

Hope to receive carbon fiber yoshi from a local dealer by next Saturday. According to him, his sales rep stated first batch S/S models were sold out and could only land 2 carbon units which works out for me. Found him on eBay - PowerSport111 out of Fort Lauderdale - check him out. He also had Yoshi eliminators for $100. Ordered one as well.

Guest August BB

Damn, lost out on free 30 bucks zilla credit. But oh well. Didn't want to take that gamble last week.

I'm glad Revzilla finally has it ready to ship though, anyone else still waiting for it will get it now which is always good.

Order came tuesday!  I immediately installed it. 
yo1.jpg

Awesome. How long was the install time? Mine comes in today and I'm hoping to have time to get it on. How do you like the sound?

• Premium Member

@abb, are you riding it with or without the baffle?

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Guest August BB

Let me qualify it by saying I've never wrenched on anything in my life. For some odd reason though I am more than happy to do everything myself for my motorcycle.

It also didn't help that the instruction manual is nothing but text with a diagram of parts. That said, excluding me constantly going upstairs into the house, and a dinner break, I'd say it took about 4 hours total to install it. Including my dinner break and going inside for things, maybe 5.5 hours.

Yes, I installed the baffle. Even with the baffle, it is agreeably pleasant as far as sounds go.

I must admit though motomeek, your instagram video captured the sound much better than my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCxRsd_5EUg

Oh yeah, still in break-in period so I'm only revving it to 3.5k range.

oh man thanks for the vid you would think Yoshi would have a ton of vids out but nope
sounds great like most yoshis do
just enough bite but not pissing off the neighbors
its one im definitely thinking about

Archived