The MT-07 Forum

Yoshimura Exhaust

motomaniac13

splytsecond
Finally gave in and bought it from revzilla for 575 after price match to motorcyclesuperstore. if you are looking to buy it soon keep an eye out for motorcyclesuperstore they have it on sale for 580 plus ten percent off coupon that expires on july 1st. the problem with that is they are out of stock and were unable to tell me when more would arrive.
:( unfortunately neither of them have it in stock

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PearlWhiteFZ
Finally gave in and bought it from revzilla for 575 after price match to motorcyclesuperstore. if you are looking to buy it soon keep an eye out for motorcyclesuperstore they have it on sale for 580 plus ten percent off coupon that expires on july 1st. the problem with that is they are out of stock and were unable to tell me when more would arrive.
:( unfortunately neither of them have it in stock

I got mine at Yamaha of cucamonga in California. They deal directly with Yoshimura and can price match.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Mine will be here today. Can't wait.
you're going to love it. they sound so beast. i get a ridiculous amount of compliments on my bike and the sound. 

Missed Fedex so I had to pick it up at the Fedex facility at the airport. Eventually got it on last night. Hardest part was getting the pipes to actually sit flush with the motor (They are 3 hundreths widerin diameter than the stock pipes and fit really tight.) and holding the nut on the back of the bolt that holds the bracket supporting the can.  It would have been a real pain in the ass to do without help. 

BRAPPPPP

I used a can of spray adhesive and glued the washer and nut to the back of the hanger so I could tread the bolt in without having to hold them, then I used a box wrench once I had them finger tight.

After 300 miles I'm in need of an EJK. Getting popping on deceleration and dobeck peeps said this would fix it. I didn't notice any loss in power since I only had 50 miles on the bike before I installed he yoshimura. I'll make sure to post results once it's in.

I get less popping since I removed the snorkel I think. Still going to do the ejk after a while.

• 2 months later...

So when I installed the Yosh exhaust I wasn't sure if I wanted the baffle or not. I started baffle-free. I then inserted the baffle and didn't notice a huge db difference. I read others losing the baffle screw in the can, so I stuffed the baffle with a towel so the screw couldn't fall. Worked like a charm.

• 6 months later...
bigdaddybane

Did anyone came across a custom baffle for Yoshi R77? After checking the noise levels, there is really no major difference between when it's in or out ....

I bought my yosh used and the header pipes already were that nice golden color, however there is 'scaly' looking places all over it that neither bar keeper's friend or blue magic metal polish have been able to get rid of. When others post pics of their exhaust I see it on theirs as well. Any advice for dealing with them or is it just something I have to live with?

bigdaddybane
I bought my yosh used and the header pipes already were that nice golden color, however there is 'scaly' looking places all over it that neither bar keeper's friend or blue magic metal polish have been able to get rid of. When others post pics of their exhaust I see it on theirs as well. Any advice for dealing with them or is it just something I have to live with?
For the past 10 years I've been using Autosol metal polish ... still haven't found a better product out there.

do you guys get pops between shifts also? I find it a bit funny when it happens and scares the crap out of someone. Defiantly need to get an EJK.

• Premium Member

I use to run with the baffle in, but with it out, my group that rides with me have noticed the difference in tone and well as volume.

The tone is deeper with it out, but it's also louder (so they say). They love how it sounds with it out.

I know sound is subjective, because I don't think it's that loud and prefer it out. Now that I don't ride it, I listen to it as my fiancé pulls up when she gets home and as long as you're not wailing on the throttle, it's nothing going wake up any of my neighbors.

But to answer your question @bigdaddybane , haven't heard of one.

And @mardi72 , do you have a photo to reference this "scaly" look? I've recently polished my headers... you can check it out here on my IG: meekmade.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Archived