The MT-07 Forum

Adjust gear lever upward?

nuke64

This will mark me as a newbie, but is it possible to adjust gear lever upward?  The reason I ask, as a 50 y.o., hooking my toe under the lever is hard on my knee.  My Intruder was set up so I didn't feel like my toe was pointed straight down.

Does this help you?

This sounds like something I need to do. I also wear steel toe boots when I ride and can have difficulty getting my toe under there to shift. Was it an easy thing to do?
Very easy! There is a 10mm bolt on top of the shift linkage where it connects to the transmission, take that right out, pull the linkage off the splined shaft (taking note where it was originally) and then move the shift lever up to the desired position, Slide back on to the shaft and put the bolt back in place. I don't know if it was torqued to a specific amount I just put it on good and tight. 

http://fz07.org/thread/425/first-service-suggestions?page=2

Don't take the linkage off, look at the rod it is adjustable
it as flats for a spanner hold the end and back off the top
nut then the bottom one but IT IS LEFT HAND THREAD so back
that nut off the other way you can then turn the rod to adjust
the hight of the pedal then lock it up again.

Thanks.  Adjusted it upward, will give it a try tomorrow.  I also ride to work with steel toe boots.  Did not make for smooth shifting especially trying to beat traffic from away from a light.

Archived