The MT-07 Forum

Anyone know how to properly adjust the clutch cable?

qjohnson

I know there's adjustments on the lever itself and the adjustments near the motor. My question is how far is the clutch arm in the motor supposed to move? I just installed my new righteous stunt clutch lever and perch and I'm trying to get the clutch cable set up correctly so I don't have slippage and have enough pull while switching gears so the clutch engages all the way. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I already did all that but I just wanted some reassurance as to how you guys prefer your setup.
Ah, sorry - sort of misread your question! Not sure how far the clutch arm near the motor is supposed to move. 

Just make sure you don't remove all of the free play.
If your free play is in spec, the part about how much the clutch arm down on the engine moves will take care of itself.

Thanks guys! I think I got it. One more question. Is the free play considered how much the clutch lever moves with no effort or how much it moves before it starts disengaging the clutch?

Both.
Free play is the amount the clutch lever will move before the clutch pressure plate has force put upon it.
Look at some parts diagrams for the FZ07F to learn how it works.

Archived