The MT-07 Forum

2017 fz-07 for $6,199, Is this too good to be true?

gr8dane51

As the title States, I'm about to purchase a 2017 fz-07 That's brand new and on sale for $6,199. I understand that there will be processing fees As well. Is this deal too good to be true? What may I i n missing?

• Premium Member

Dealer fees such as shipping, set up, etc...not including having insurance ready and any state fees for plates and title... All not included ???

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Using their bank for a loan?? Missing their jacked up interest rates, jacked up cost for prep, etc? Maybe it's just a promo to get people buying the 17's??? Maybe they simply owe taxes themselves so they dropped the prices to make ends meet quicker.

Beemer

That's just a pretty number to get you into their dealership. Once you've sat down, only concern yourself with the "out the door" number.

That $6,199 is just a starting number. They'll be adding on all kinds of costs like freight, registration, tax, dealer fees, and on, and on. But also remember your own costs too like gear and insurance.

Don't be scared to walk out if the final number is out of your budget! You're the buyer.

You do you and I'll do me.

• Premium Member

+1 for what other's have mentioned. Personally I feel that tactic is kinda "greasy salesman". Maybe give em a call for the O.T.D price etc before going down there and possibly wasting your time. Make these guys work for you.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

@Mr.Puss is right on about calling in to avoid possibly wasting time. Call in and tell them you are ready to buy and want to know the OTD (out the door) price. If they try to dodge and try to get you to come to the dealership, you know they've got tricks up their sleeves.

You do you and I'll do me.

Guest 2wheeler

I recently had a sales manager give me my asking price on a R3 which I thought was reasonable for a leftover. At first he would not give take my offer, but after seeing that I was serious, he caved.

Well.... it all was total BS, as what he did was double the freight and prep to cover the difference. $1200 for freight and prep for a bike with a $5000 MSRP.... He even had the audacity to tell me what a great deal it was!

Sadly, he likely tries the shet on people all the time who don't catch it. I complained to the General Manager who backed his practices. Look very carefully at the numbers!!!

BTW, for you DC  area folks, that dealership was in Falls Church.....

AlbatrossCafe
I recently had a sales manager give me my asking price on a R3 which I thought was reasonable for a leftover. At first he would not give take my offer, but after seeing that I was serious, he caved. 
Well.... it all was total BS, as what he did was double the freight and prep to cover the difference. $1200 for freight and prep for a bike with a $5000 MSRP.... He even had the audacity to tell me what a great deal it was!

Sadly, he likely tries the shet on people all the time who don't catch it. I complained to the General Manager who backed his practices. Look very carefully at the numbers!!!

So... did you buy it with that fee? 

To the OP: I think if you can get the FZ for at or below MSRP ($7,000?) after all of the taxes/fees it is a good deal. That is just my opinion.

Guest 2wheeler

So... did you buy it with that fee? 

To the OP: I think if you can get the FZ for at or below MSRP ($7,000?) after all of the taxes/fees it is a good deal. That is just my opinion.

Heck no, I'll never buy a bike from them after that BS! Sadly, they are the company that I did buy my FZ from. Since then they got in a new sales manager is who is a lying ba_tard, and was the cause of the mess. What was the unfortunate permanent kiss of death was when the General Manager stood up for him. I have no time for people who operate a business like that!

• 3 months later...
firstyammerha

Recently,a large local Atlanta dealer is advertising new 2017 FZ07 for under $6000 on their website. This is not OTD pricing.

Archived