The MT-07 Forum

Hello from Athens, Greece.

sunblock

I'm new, I'm Greek, I currently have an Aprilia Pegaso Strada and I plan to get the MT-07 as soon as I manage to sell it.

• Global Moderator

Welcome @sunblock, great to have you on board. I went for my honeymoon to Greece, long ago. And I live near a little town named Athens (in Canada) so I feel I know you already.

• 6 months later...

Ironic, I'm thinking of going to Scandinavia for my honeymoon.

The Strada is finally sold, and I'm going to check-out a second-hand MT-07 next week.

The guy sells it cheap because it has slightly bent forks. Says it doesn't pull while driving it.

Also on the negatives is that it's red. I would prefer gray, black or white. Oh well...

• Premium Member
On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 1:17 PM, sunblock said:

Ironic, I'm thinking of going to Scandinavia for my honeymoon.

The Strada is finally sold, and I'm going to check-out a second-hand MT-07 next week.

The guy sells it cheap because it has slightly bent forks. Says it doesn't pull while driving it.

Also on the negatives is that it's red. I would prefer gray, black or white. Oh well...

Replacement color panels are relatively cheap so you can make it any color you like. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

You're right, it costs 225 euros (261 USD) to buy all 3 pieces in white.

It's doable.

However, it all depends on how bent are the forks and how much is going to cost to straighten them. If they need to be replaced it's not worth it.

Also, I'm worried that it might have some other hidden damage. Like crooked frame collar or something.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, sunblock said:

You're right, it costs 225 euros (261 USD) to buy all 3 pieces in white.

It's doable.

However, it all depends on how bent are the forks and how much is going to cost to straighten them. If they need to be replaced it's not worth it.

Also, I'm worried that it might have some other hidden damage. Like crooked frame collar or something.

FYI: there are more parts than just the three tank pieces. There is the pair of front fender side pieces as well as several pieces under the seat and sides. But even with those it's not terrible cost wise.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

The 2014 red edition has a black front fender so it can stay black. As for the other bits and pieces, if they're not red or visible, I don't mind.

Out of sight, out of mind.

On 4/28/2017 at 8:05 AM, Guru said:

Welcome @sunblock, great to have you on board. I went for my honeymoon to Greece, long ago. And I live near a little town named Athens (in Canada) so I feel I know you already.

Yeah but can you pronounce gyro correctly? Ha! 😉

Beemer

Greetings

We all had sometheing be fore we got the 07, I had a cold first :)

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

First impressions:

1. Amazing engine. Pulls right off. Raaaw power!
  2. The saddle is uncomfortable.
  3. The suspension feels cheap.
  4. The position of my hands feels too low and forward.
  5. The horn button is in the wrong position
  6. I wish the dash could display more stuff at the same time. On my strada, you could see the odometer, temperature and trip meter at the same time.

On 11/8/2017 at 2:19 PM, sunblock said:

First impressions:

1. Amazing engine. Pulls right off. Raaaw power!
  2. The saddle is uncomfortable.
  3. The suspension feels cheap.
  4. The position of my hands feels too low and forward.
  5. The horn button is in the wrong position
  6. I wish the dash could display more stuff at the same time. On my strada, you could see the odometer, temperature and trip meter at the same time.

Congrats! To be fair, the two bikes can't be compared. The Yamaha is a bargain bike with mediocre parts and the Aprilia Pegaso Strada is bit more refined and expensive for that reason but you knew that, right? 

Beemer

No, it wasn't. If anything it was slightly cheaper. bought it 6.000 euros brand new (without ABS). The MT-07 is around 6.300 euros without ABS.

Derp! My apologize. I broke my own #1 rule and made the mistake of "assuming". I am posted and awaiting my 10 lashes. 😣 

Beemer

Archived