The MT-07 Forum

Dont run from cops, especially on a cruiser. Rider death..

Cruizin

• Premium Member
Stupid to run (I've done it, I know), stupider for the cop to chase after a certain point (when he first knew the guy was "eluding", I would call it off), and stupidest to ride without gear - ESPECIALLY a helmet. 
There was very obviously enough video to get that guy's plate. That gives them an ID and address. Now who knows why he was running, but chances are he is not going to go home after this and skip town and murder 20 people. It is very likely that he would think he got away and chill out. Plate gives ID and it's an easy find later. This guy had no helmet - the cop should have known there is almost no way for this to end well.

@albatrosscafe and @mrpuss Well said. Is the cop at fault for his death? Yes and no. To say it's 100% his fault is a crime in itself.

You pointed out something important. Let's examine the rider. No gear, no helmet, breaking the law, then evading an officer.

You become highly suspect when you try to evade the police. How does the officer know this guy wasn't heading somewhere to cause more mayhem or do something worse. When you decide to run, the officers involved will assume you are hiding something and/or have a warrant. It is their job to pursue.

Yes, the cop should have backed off and called for backup while continuing his pursuit. But to put 100% of the blame on the cop is wrong for this particular situation. Any responsible law abiding adult would understand this.

Ultimately I place most of the blame on the motorcyclist for the simple fact of riding with ZERO gear and putting police officers in that situation by running from them. And less of the blame on the cop because he could have backed off. **I think only one other person mentioned the fact that the guy on the bike could have killed someone as he kept going into the opposite side of the road (oncoming traffic)** So many people are ready to blame cops and it's wrong.

Some forum members prefer to post vague replies and acronyms in HUGE letters and in bold typeface none the less. (I get it. You're starved for attention. But you only show how fragile your ego is.)
The whole tired A.C.A.B bullsh*t rhetoric drives me nuts as well, its reminiscent of the ignorance and snarky cynical angst of adolescence. Very few seem to hold themselves accountable for their actions, clearly its the cop thats the assh*le in any and every given situation, theyre only around to harass the innocent and infringe on one's precious rights...ok, sure.   

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Archived