The MT-07 Forum

Madhornets Shorty Levers

brokenhat

Dead link. No, they're not hard to install. When taking one off just pay real close attention to how it was seated and take notice of how they work mechanically. Understanding something will help to make the installation of it easier. The adjustment on different lever's will vary more than how they go on, they all go on pretty much the same way. Depending on how you want the new levers to be, you may have to adjust the clutch cable down by your right foot to take some slack out. I had to adjust mine there all the way back or else it was wasn't engaging properly/completely.

Beemer

• Global Moderator
...and should I get black or silver with my blue FZ?
I like black, but that is just my opinion.  You are the one who will be looking at them the most :)

...and should I get black or silver with my blue FZ?
I like black, but that is just my opinion.  You are the one who will be looking at them the most :)
I've never bought replacement levers before so want to be sure, I think the purple is nice.... Kidding!

I have used the same Madhornet shorty levers in red for about 8k miles on my FZ. Love love love them. Not only have they held up in a lowside before, but also they haven't faded color with all the hand controls use. From the cheapys I've seen they're one of the better quality ones, so much so people always ask me who made them at bike meets. You won't be disappointed with them for the price my man @brokenhat!

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

When I installed mine they were super sloppy, but others have said otherwise so I would check them after you install and try to get them swapped for a new set if they're sloppy. I've since upgraded to crg levers.

Archived