The MT-07 Forum

MC Garage - The Truth About Aftermarket Exhausts

Duke

bigdaddybane

I agree with almost everything he said. First few weeks I rode with OEM exhaust and I was happy .... after Yoshi and EJK were installed I didn't want to get off my bike!

I agree that an afternarket exhaust is the most satisfying upgrade. I want to make sure people pair their new exhaust with an ECU flash to ensure proper engine performance!

You do you and I'll do me.

Nice video. Let's face it though, our bike is a special case on the specific subject. The stock exhaust has got to be one of the worst sounding ones. It makes the change to an aftermarket one almost imperative. I've owned three bikes before this one and I'd never felt the need to replace the exhaust. But with the FZ07 I started searching for one right away. Makes the bike sound like a scooter.

Guest 2wheeler

I have a bit of a different take on the stock FZ-07 exhaust than most folks. I feel that the only way I like the sound of an aftermarket exhaust is when you are at idle and blipping the throttle. Then they sound freaking awesome. When I am actually riding the bike, they don't sound to me anything other than loud, as in too freaking loud. Having ridden beside an FZ-07 with an Akra with no DB killer, I think they sound f_cking obnoxious. I have no snorkel with a MWR filter and a stock exhaust, so when I am riding the FZ and getting into the throttle, the suck sound of the MWR/no snorkel setup sounds great. It actually has a performance-type of sound. I have listened to somebody riding my bike, and within .5 of a block, I couldn't really hear the bike, which is great as far as I am concerned.

Everybody has a different take on this, and in the end you are looking at 2-4 HP, and that's only if you get it flashed.

I'll stick with the stealth mode 8-)

I have a bit of a different take on the stock FZ-07 exhaust than most folks. I feel that the only way I like the sound of an aftermarket exhaust is when you are at idle and blipping the throttle. Then they sound freaking awesome. When I am actually riding the bike, they don't sound to me anything other than loud, as in too freaking loud. Having ridden beside an FZ-07 with an Akra with no DB killer, I think they sound f_cking obnoxious. I have no snorkel with a MWR filter and a stock exhaust, so when I am riding the FZ and getting into the throttle, the suck sound of the MWR/no snorkel setup sounds great. It actually has a performance-type of sound. I have listened to somebody riding my bike, and within .5 of a block, I couldn't really hear the bike, which is great as far as I am concerned. 
Everybody has a different take on this, and in the end you are looking at 2-4 HP, and that's only if you get it flashed.

I'll stick with the stealth mode 8-)

I agree, When I saw that an aftermarket exhaust was only saving 2lbs and I can raise my bike off the ground with the muffler I'm keeping the stocksystem. Oyea 67mpg doesn't hurt either. 

[div]Nice video but this talk about certain pipes being illegal means nothing in a safe haven city that allows illegal pipes.  8-)

[/div]

Beemer

Archived