The MT-07 Forum

Backrest

mjdavis1994

mjdavis1994

Anyone fabricated a rear seat backrest? Trying to get some ideas. The wife wants one but not wanting to dump a couple hundred to be able to attach one.

I've seen them for the front seat (rear seat bag with built in back rest) but not the rear seat. A thought crossed my mind since I want a tail bag and the storage bracket for behind the rear seat to put the front seat backrest bag on the bracket.

Thoughts?

• Global Moderator

How about getting a bracket made to attach to the passenger peg bracket mount bolts.
That could incorperate both your backrest and a storage rack behind it.

..... i just re-read your post
Sorry dude... Im going to be making something similar as a removeable gun case carrier may add a backrest, but i doubt it...
I can pro ably design one for you when i get back to phoenix next week

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

mjdavis1994
I've made a few for various bikes but I'm UK based . sold mostly to USA though.
20160926_184647.jpg

DSC01486.jpg

DSC02861_zps13f87ba8.jpg

0927141359a_zpse6f8116e_1.jpg

Think you could fab one up for the 07??? And if so how much would it run me?

mjdavis1994
How about getting a bracket made to attach to the passenger peg bracket mount bolts. That could incorperate both your backrest and a storage rack behind it.

Sorry dude... Im going to be making something similar as a removeable gun case carrier may add a backrest, but i doubt it...

If you could that be great. Just trying to keep the wife happy ? Been so tied up in work recently I haven't had time to really look at the bike to find places to mount it.

• Global Moderator
How about getting a bracket made to attach to the passenger peg bracket mount bolts. That could incorperate both your backrest and a storage rack behind it.

If you could that be great. Just trying to keep the wife happy ? Been so tied up in work recently I haven't had time to really look at the bike to find places to mount it.
I should rephrase that...[span]   i am a cad/sw modeler  I can model it and give you a dwsign, but i lack the tools/knowhow to actually fab one up
I am working on those though ;)

[/span]

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

johnakay makes great work! I had him build a rack for my old KZ650 and it bolted straight on, was sturdy and functional. He even put on extra loops for straps. Highly recommended. Price is good as well.

IMAG0622_zps744eeca8.jpg

thanks faffi long time no hear.lol
if there's enough interest I will consider it.
unfortunately I can't give a price as yet till I make one.

• 4 weeks later...
gleemthecube
I've made a few for various bikes but I'm UK based . sold mostly to USA though.
20160926_184647.jpg

DSC01486.jpg

DSC02861_zps13f87ba8.jpg

Think you could fab one up for the 07??? And if so how much would it run me?

I am very interested in this for my FZ-07 as well. I live in NJ.

Get a rack and a top box and you get the passengers back covered

• 9 months later...
TheRedEagle
On 4/21/2017 at 7:02 AM, johnakay said:

I've made a few for various bikes but I'm UK based .
sold mostly to USA though.
20160926_184647.jpg

DSC01486.jpg

DSC02861_zps13f87ba8.jpg

@johnakay It looks like you have multiple people interested in a backrest for an FZ-07/MT-07. I am also interested and would love a quote. 

got a frame in part ((rear end)) bought this but I a long way off at the moment from making any thing.

we've got shitty weather at the moment and I dont like ordering steel while there is salt on the road.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

• 2 months later...
Enigmatic_Scar

I couldn't find a backrest either. Not without having to drop around $400 on an entire new seat first.. Not to mention the $200 for the backrest + shipping for both.. I think I'm gonna go ahead and start sketching one out.. I'll run it through CAD to get my measurements and bending degrees once I have a better idea of what I actully want it to look like.. 

• 3 months later...

Archived