The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha Comfort Seat pictures and first impression

bugeyes

Got and mounted mine yesterday, thought I should take some comparision pictures for you.

First my impressions...

Mounting,
Comes complete and except from the normal struggle to get the bolt to tread nothing much to say about it. Move the tools from the stock rear seat and put it on.

Looks,
It looks really great, big improvement that is hard to show in pictures.

First ride,
More meat at the front and it does not push my private parts into the tank.
Really firm, hope it breaks in some because it feels like a wooden stool.
Surface is not slippery with Cordura pants and that's nice.
Ride height not affected, maybe a tad but not more.

20170419_175902.jpg

20170419_175922.jpg

20170419_181652.jpg

20170419_175959.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
blankcheese

I'm good for about an hour on the stock seat before I get the sore ass and crushed nut syndrome. I think I'm going to look into a new seat.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

5'8" 170lbs, my butt is not bony therefore very happy with the Yamaha Comfort-Seat so far. Butts will vary.
Another option is from SeatConcepts  theyve gotten solid reviews from plenty of forum members; it holds the same form as OEM. Worth a look.

http://seatconcepts.com/store/products?ecwid_product_id=48324410#ecwid:category=0&mode=product&product=48324410

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Now that I've had the new seat for a while I would definately not go back to stock.
Crushed nut syndrome is totally gone as is the sliding forward agony when braking.
It's still a bit on the hard side and if you're looking for a soft seat this is not it.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Looking at your new seat (I'm genuinely glad you seem happy with it) and comparing it to the original, it leads me to believe that a good upholster could do so, and custom-fit it better to suit.

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed my seat yesterday and had a quick ride to work. The main reason I went for it is the sliding on the stock seat. This solves the issue. On the confort I would not comment as had only 50km ride, but it feels a bit more soft, but do not expect a big difference, but maybe these small things will make this bike great:) If it would be possible I would go for a black stiching, so I have painted the outer line black to match a bit more to the color of the bike. 

ules.jpg

• Like 2

The Comfort Seat does break in a bit, but it takes a good while. The stock is more cushiony for really quick trips, but you will notice on the longer rides that the firmer support is there for you with the Comfort Seat. It's not a pillow by any means, but at least it doesn't feel like you're sitting on the seat pan. And, huge thing for me, was no more sliding around in the seat (well, still a little sliding when I really get on it haha)!

I have the white color, so the red contrast stitching looks really good on mine. I don't know why Yamaha didn't just make it black stitching though. 

• Like 1

Wanna send me your old passenger seat pillion for cheap ? ;)
No, I'm keeping the stock seat in case I ever sell the bike and want to sell to comfort seat separately

Had the first 2 hour ride this weekend on the new seat. Still want to get off it after that but better than the original. Looking for super comfy this is not it but it's much better and I like that it comes complete so I can keep the original intact.

Had the first 2 hour ride this weekend on the new seat. Still want to get off it after that but better than the original. Looking for super comfy this is not it but it's much better and I like that it comes complete so I can keep the original intact.
For longer trips, I wear padded bicycle shorts under my riding pants. It really helps! :D  And they're pretty cheap, only about $30 at REI (womens | mens). I'm sure any other sporting goods store would carry them, too.
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

Serious? Its a motorcycle not a couch

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member
For longer trips, I wear padded bicycle shorts under my riding pants. It really helps! :D  And they're pretty cheap, only about $30 at REI (womens | mens). I'm sure any other sporting goods store would carry them, too.
Right of course, bicycle shorts! A simple yet elegant approach, I must invest in a pair for distance riding. Thanks! 

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got about 200 miles on my comfort seat, and it seems to be breaking in some, much better than stock IMO.  I'm glad I got it. Just my 2 cents worth.

On 5/24/2017 at 10:27 PM, zsoci said:

I have installed my seat yesterday and had a quick ride to work. The main reason I went for it is the sliding on the stock seat. This solves the issue. On the confort I would not comment as had only 50km ride, but it feels a bit more soft, but do not expect a big difference, but maybe these small things will make this bike great:) If it would be possible I would go for a black stiching, so I have painted the outer line black to match a bit more to the color of the bike. 

ules.jpg

How did you go about painting the stitches?

I want one of these seats, but hate the damn red stitching.

On 2017. 09. 20. at 1:31 AM, digitalsteve said:

How did you go about painting the stitches?

I want one of these seats, but hate the damn red stitching.

I bought a textil marker and basically colored it black... You have to go over it several times and let it dry between the layers. Also it is quite important to have a decent marker so it does a good job. You can buy plenty of them on amazon...

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Is a "textile marker" just a glorified Sharpie?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

On 9/22/2017 at 8:24 AM, DewMan said:

Is a "textile marker" just a glorified Sharpie?

Yes. Textile (laundry) markers withstand washing machine abuse.

• Thanks 1

On 2017. 09. 24. at 8:02 AM, stickshift said:

Yes. Textile (laundry) markers withstand washing machine abuse.

Correct. You can buy specific markers for textile and it supposed to withstand sashing ect...

With regards to the seat, yesterday I did ~500 km (~310 miles) and close to the end in the last 20 minutes my butt started to hurt... I would say it adds 30-40% higher range in confort vs the regular seat (at least for me). 

• Like 1

After four months now I'm still happy with the seat compared to stock. It's still firm and havn't "broken in" much so if you look for a plush seat this is not what you want. After an hour and a half or so I need to rest my butt but my nuts are fine :)

I like the red stitches that goes well with a couple of other red accents on my otherwise dark grey bike.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've got about 500 miles on my comfort seat now, and it continues to slowly break in and get more comfortable.  Would never go back to stock.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I have exactly same question I do not see (1WS-247C0-00-00) available anywhere. Sites that list it after sending query just let me know that it is discontinued what would make sense but I am hoping that it is possible to get it used or old stock.