The MT-07 Forum

Bar-End Mirrors???

jareds89

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with buying Ebay/Amazon Bar end mirrors. I'm pretty hesitant because most of what is out there seems to be of low quality or tends to vibrate horribly. The reviews on Ebay or amazon only help so much.
I'm interested in something like this. https://www.amazon.ca/Universal-Motorcycle-Aluminum-Rearview-Mirrors/dp/B01N1IWN7T/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1492452605&sr=8-5&keywords=bar+end+mirrors
However I'm open to suggestions. I was looking into getting hand guards with integrated mirrors, but that seems to be more of the expensive route. You need 3 different components to pull it off. here's the one component. https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00E62MUYM/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2PRVJELUVI4FN&coliid=I6YJPSPORMIY7
Anyway... Just looking for insight to see if anyone has had good or bad experiences with bar end mirrors.

I've had eBay bar end mirrors ever since I bought my bike almost 2 years ago. They are a hit or a miss. I'm currently on my 5th or 6th set of mirrors. They always keep breaking. Some mirrors lasted a couple months, while some didn't even last 1 ride.

I bought the same ones you linked for $20, which are knock off versions of the CRG Arrow mirrors and the left mirror broke the first ride. Tightening the screws did nothing. Also, they vibrate like hell at freeway speeds and keep folding in. I'm honestly done with eBay mirrors. I just ordered the CRG Arrow mirrors + adapters for around $220. I know that's a lot of money for some mirrors and I was hesitant to buy them but I'm tired of buying new ones.

My friend has had his CRG mirrors on his Street Triple for 2+ years now and they still work just fine. I would honestly spend more money and get some better mirrors, unless you don't mind having to buy new ones every month.

• Premium Member

As rxspeed stated "...currently on my 5th or 6th set of mirrors. They always keep breaking." Their entire post should be enough to convince anyone to buy better.
In the end I wonder how much he/she has shelled out for all of these not to mention the constant headache and possible safety concerns. Undoubtedly spent much more than buying something decent once. To each their own here but I dont understand this route. One could get lucky but why bother?

Personally I always try to buy something only once. Everyone here seems to love the much touted CRG/Rhino bar-ends combo.
 I went with these Rizoma reverse retro bar-end, outstanding quality that I would mount on a tank; they'll outlast me. Every last Rizoma part Ive purchased has been impressively constructed and IMO worth every last penny.

https://www.motostarz.ca/accessories/mirrors-mirror-mounts/rizoma-reverse-retro-mirror-1-mirror.html?___SID=U

Keep us posted on what you decide on.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

As rxspeed stated "...currently on my 5th or 6th set of mirrors. They always keep breaking." Their entire post should be enough to convince anyone to buy better. In the end I wonder how much he/she has shelled out for all of these not to mention the constant headache and possible safety concerns. Undoubtedly spent much more than buying something decent once. To each their own here but I dont understand this route. One could get lucky but why bother?

Personally I always try to buy something only once. Everyone here seems to love the much touted CRG/Rhino bar-ends combo.
 I went with these Rizoma reverse retro bar-end, outstanding quality that I would mount on a tank; they'll outlast me. Every last Rizoma part Ive purchased has been impressively constructed and IMO worth every last penny.

https://www.motostarz.ca/accessories/mirrors-mirror-mounts/rizoma-reverse-retro-mirror-1-mirror.html?___SID=U

Keep us posted on what you decide on.

The money I've spent on 5 or 6 sets of cheap mirrors STILL don't equal the price of 1 CRG mirror, let alone the other mirror+adapters. But yea, the constant headache of buying new mirrors and the safety issues made me invest in quality mirrors, like CRG.

In my defense, some mirrors I bought lasted a couple months, and the price tag of $10-$20 for a set is pretty attractive compared to the $220 I just spent on CRG.

I went with these Rizoma reverse retro bar-end, outstanding quality that I would mount on a tank; they'll outlast me.

The feedback is great guys, thanks! I'm attracted to the RhinoMoto and CRG combo but I'm from the Great White North and the current exchange rate and shipping would make my wallet cry even more that it already would be haha.  
Are the Rizoma mirrors clamp on? or do they replace the bar ends? I can't really see in the photo and the website doesn't specify.

• Premium Member
 I went with these Rizoma reverse retro bar-end, outstanding quality that I would mount on a tank; they'll outlast me. 

The feedback is great guys, thanks! I'm attracted to the RhinoMoto and CRG combo but I'm from the Great White North and the current exchange rate and shipping would make my wallet cry even more that it already would be haha.  
Are the Rizoma mirrors weighted? I assume not but I would like to keep the weight in the bar ends. 
Weighted? Im not sure. The mirrors are pretty hefty (fwit) and I havent noticed any vibration in them or the handlebars. I paired them up with some Rizoma bar-ends. Very pleased. https://www.motostarz.ca/filter-by-bike/yamaha/fz-07-mt-07/rizoma-universal-barends-handlebar-caps-ma502.html

If you havent come across this thread for us Canucks....
https://fz07.org/thread/185/canadian-online-stores

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

If you are in Canada, yes. If in USA , then click my two links above and save a ton of money on same parts.

• Premium Member
Hope I didnt come across as too pompous there.  Cant say I blame you giving the cheapies a shot at such a price.  
Im just not a gambler, it stresses me out, and furthermore my Scottish blood forces me save up for the special stuff, its been a life long habit.

If you are in Canada, yes. If in USA , then click my two links above and save a ton of money on same parts.
Perfect Thanks for the help guys! I think I'll wait and save up a bit for the links I mentioned above. 

Archived