The MT-07 Forum

Finally Installed Black Widow Exhaust + Questions

Duke

Installed my new Black Widow exhaust system! Sounds badass and worth every dollar. I was debating between this and the Yoshimura R77. I ultimately picked this for its pricing and on par quality but also a lot of people have the Yoshi but I rarely see this particular Black Widow model.

Since this is my first aftermarket exhaust, I do have questions:
- Is it normal to have slight air leak out at the clamps/joints? I've applied the lubricant/sealant provided by Black Widow.
- Best cleaning product/method to keep the exhaust system nice and shiny? Some suggested WD-40 and microfiber, some suggested kerosene, etc.

Pictures:
IMG_0683.jpg
IMG_0688.jpg
IMG_0689.jpg
IMG_0691.jpg
IMG_0697.jpg
IMG_0698.jpg
IMG_0701.jpg
IMG_0704.jpg
IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

Here's the video. Sounds much, much better in person since the GoPro's auto audio settings subdue its real sound by a lot.
[video src=https://youtu.be/NARMDaHx4_M]

You do you and I'll do me.

If you have leaks, you might try some of the orange Permatex high temp silicone. Put a thin coat on your slip joints then slide the pipes together, clamp them up and then wipe the excess off. I've used this stuff for making header gaskets before and it works well.

Link

The exhaust sounds pretty good. Crack into that throttle some more. Of course let it warm up first.

@CarGuy7a thanks for the link! I'll order some off Amazon.

@pattybags Thanks! That was actually unintentional. I originally wanted a version that not a lot of people had and it was a bonus that it matches the bike's color scheme =)

• Premium Member

Cool! Even better without that sticker! :D Love that blued end cap too. 
Nothing quite like a new roaring exhaust after running with that hideous factory scooter-esque monstrosity.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Cool! Even better without that sticker! :D Love that blued end cap too.  Nothing quite like a new roaring exhaust after running with that hideous factory scooter-esque monstrosity.

Yep! Had to rip off the sticker so it looks cleaner! And yes, the stock factory exhaust (I assume) was just to meet emissions regulations. It sounded so wimpy.

• Premium Member

Oh and for the headers I use "Autosol Metal Polish". I cut long strips from an old towel, wrap it around a header once along with some polish and pull back and forth like you would a mini wire saw. Really effective stuff.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/autosol-metal-polish-0392954p.html#.VtPXcOZl3IU

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• 6 months later...

I have been thinking on buying the same exhaust, I read on the black widow web site that you don't need to do any more mods to it once installed.. 

I was wondering did you get a flash or have a fuel controller put on? 

• Premium Member

The EU spec bikes are what they made the exhaust off of... EU spec bikes have far better OEM fueling than US spec bikes...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 2 months later...
On 10/17/2017 at 8:03 PM, redline27 said:

I have been thinking on buying the same exhaust, I read on the black widow web site that you don't need to do any more mods to it once installed.. 

I was wondering did you get a flash or have a fuel controller put on? 

Just as @norcal616, EU bikes have better fuel maps out of the factory and don't usually need an ECU flash. Unfortunately, I'm in the US and mine did need an ECU flash. I got 2WDW to flash my ECU so it would work properly with the new exhaust system. I high recommend it as it also includes quality of life improvements.

Archived