The MT-07 Forum

2015 fz07 3000miles worth it?

redrider15

Hello guys just want to get some advice and opinions on this used 2015 fz 07 the bike has 3000miles and the following mods:
M4 slip on exhaust
Heat-wrapped headers
Radiator cover
Hella Supertone horns
Fender eliminator
Raised instrument cluster (whatever that is)
Usb port
The guy is selling it to me for 5000, i just want to know if that is a fair price for the bike and also things that i should be aware of
Note: I am a new rider out of the msf course, this will be my first bike if i buy it.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Prices can vary some depending on where you live. The KBB (Kelly Blue Book) list the stock 2015 FZ-07 in excellent condition with around 4700 miles for $5015 in my area Southeast Pennsylvania. KBB did not allow me to type in the mileage, it assumes an average mileage of 4700 miles. The seller is asking the higher end of the price range for the bike, but the price seems fair for a bike in excellent condition and low mileage. The mods are only a plus if you like these mods. If the seller is including the mods listed and the bike is in excellent condition with no drops or accidents, see if they will go for $4500, especially if the mods add no value to your purchase. The most important thing is to make sure the bike is in excellent condition and does not have mechanical, electrical or structural problems (frame damage). Since the bike has 3,000 miles on it, the bike should be in excellent condition. If the condition of the bike looks like it has more mileage than what the odometer shows, you should walk away. Try to bring someone that can help you determine if the bike is sound. Good luck.

The raised instrument cluster, means the seller purchased an aftermarket part (most likely) or used homemade bracket to raise the instrument cluster higher. This is usually done because some riders want the instrument cluster to be more in their line of sight while riding.

• Premium Member

If you go check out the bike, just talk to the guy. Find out how much he actually knows about the bike. If you set a meet up time let him know you want to see it cold started, not already warmed up ready to go.

Did he install the stuff himself, do regular maintenance himself or at a shop? Does he sound like fast, hard riding canyon racer or a relaxed cruising dude? Either way, the bike can handle hard riding, it just helps you formulate a complete picture. If it was a total hooligan bike that wheelied away from every stoplight, the steering stem and front wheel bearing doesn't really like that sort of treatment.

Otherwise, haggle a little. If you can drop the pric, sweet... just don't try and gouge the seller. All the aftermarket stuff doesn't add up to more than 6 to 700 bucks and you may personally find the M4 too loud, or other items distasteful and/or useless.

Everything went braap.

• 2 weeks later...

To give you another idea about the bike value, I am getting ready to sell my 2015 FZ07 (I have to be mentally ready for it, as It will be dearly missed), I have 8500 miles on it, all the accessories are the practical kind, as the bike has mainly be used for commuting. It has the Yamaha rack and case, Ermax windshield and rear view mirror's risers, but will need a new rear tire in another 1000 miles, that's all. After looking at its fair market value, I will probably ask for $4500. So what is offered to you seams fair.

Have you checked Kelly Blue Book for used motorcycle prices? Those are the prices your bank will use to determine a loan. If he's too far over on price the bank probably won't give a loan for it or are you paying for it with cash? Your $ and call in that case but 3k miles isn't a lot, check to make sure it hasn't been in a wreck, running good, handles good, everything functions as it should. If you're a noob and don't trust your judgement have someone that knows bikes check it out for you, preferably a mechanic. (Jake ;) ) It's hard for us here to accurately say if the bike is worth it without seeing it in person and he'll have to take a loss on the mods. (as far as the bank is concerned)

Beemer

KBB is a good place to start, but if the bike, like the FZ-07, has a very small used inventory, you will have to disregard KBB and be ready to pay a little extra. As well, if the used market for that bike is saturated, prices will go down. So do your homework first.

• 2 weeks later...
redrider15

Thank you all for your advices , i bought the bike using all of your tips, and the bike was in great condition, is now my daily commuter and love it!

[div]It looks like everyone has given you good advice already so all I'll say is check the bike over real good. Look underneath/everywhere for signs of it having been laid down and don't go by looks alone, ride it! I had some young kid try to sell me an RD350 back in the day and when I told him I wanted to give it a test ride he said his mom says no test rides, ha! I replied test ride or no sale and when I rode it I discovered the forks were so slightly bent you could hardly tell it by looking at it but you could feel it when you turned sharply. So, test ride it if nothing else. It wouldn't hurt to pay a mechanic a little to check it out for you. GL![/div]

Beemer

Archived