The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovic Exhaust available for pre-order

cowdry67

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it's about 125 dollars not including shipping from England. Hmmmm to purchase now or wait for revzilla??? Maybe I'll wait. That way when I put the exhaust on, the bike will be slower and when I add the cat it will be like a power upgrade hahaha.

I'd like to know that as well. According to olderthandirt the bike will lose power if ran without the cat and db killer. But that's exactly how id like to run it lol. I posted in the do beck performance thread for the fuel controller asking for a fuel map that is set for no cat, no db killer, and air box opening mods. Hopefully they listen! If not I'll have to go the old fashioned route and get a power commander and go get it dynotuned.

Guest MXRider

Why are people buying a cat for an aftermarket exhaust? Yamaha can not void your warranty if you don't have one.

The bike will run fine without one and it won't lose power.

Heads up....your FZ-07 with T1 Akrapovic WILL run correctly without any fuel controller IF you buy it with the cat converter and run it with the stock baffle. With the stock baffle it will be a bit louder than stock and will gain 4 hp and run like a raped ape. It will NOT sound ANYTHING like that French FZ-07 WITH THE RESTRICTER KIT...and baffle out. If you remove the Cat converter OR the baffle...your bike will run like total Shet. It will sound bad ass but won't run any better than a 300 Ninja.
So...if you want the bike to run right...get the cat converter and run it WITH the baffle.
If you want to make a lot of noise and run really slow and waste money....remove the baffle and you will need a $200 fuel controller to make the fueling right again.
Been there...done that. Have the Akrapovic T1 on my bike for a month.
Yamaha says that they will honor all warranties with Akrapovic T1 system...IF you run it with the cat converter. They will NOT with the Cat not in the pipe.

First off, ease up on the caps lock.

Secondly, who exactly at Yamaha told you about needing a cat in an aftermarket exhaust to honor a warranty? And what makes you think it will lose power? Got any dyno sheets to back that claim up?

And I suggest reading up on the Magnuson-Moss Act. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

Well I figured that even if it won't lose power without it, it probably will change the back pressure once you removed the baffle too right? So install the cat and remove the baffle and maybe it will still run like it has the baffle in because the cat is in there controlling back pressure. This way you get both loud sound and almost correct back pressure as if the baffle was in. <<< just a thought tho. I could be totally wrong hahaha. Thoughts?

Well I won't be able to get it tuned till next riding season anyway. Only shop anywhere close to me that has a Dyno for bikes is booked for the rest of the year lol. Either way I plan on taking the baffle out. I heard it was way loud without it so I'm hoping the cat will tone it down but not as much as the baffle does.

True that. I might go with that too. Whenever the PCV comes out lol. But looks like revzilla is out of stock on the akrapovic system. Can't even pre-order them anymore till late august. Glad I pre-ordered early:)

MY AKRAPOVIC EXHAUST SYSTEM HAS SHIPPED!!!!!!! I'll see it here within a week:) hopefully I get my bike at the same time.

rotaryryan24
MY AKRAPOVIC EXHAUST SYSTEM HAS SHIPPED!!!!!!! I'll see it here within a week:) hopefully I get my bike at the same time.
I was just curious if you got your exhaust, and if so would you sell me your stock exhaust.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

I was just curious if you got your exhaust, and if so would you sell me your stock exhaust.
I havnt gotten it yet but soon. Probable next week sometime. I'll sell you the stock exhaust as soon as I get the new one installed.

Damn man it's just a shame it's so freaking expensive...

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

1,000$ for a budget bike exhaust is actually ridiculous IMHO...

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

Guest unknown

FWIW, the akropovic for the Duke 690 used to retail for $2,500. 1k isn't too bad.

Akro 690 Duke

Talk about rediculous! It's a 1' long mandrell bent pipe connected to a flat exhaust can!

FWIW, the akropovic for the Duke 690 used to retail for $2,500. 1k isn't too bad. 
Akro 690 Duke

Talk about rediculous! It's a 1' long mandrell bent pipe connected to a flat exhaust can!

Okay but that's also not so much as a budget bike considering it's MSRP is 2-3k more depending on ABS or not, also KTM tends to be a bit more expensive than Yamaha. 

In the scheme of full exhausts, I don't think 1k is too much.
I would agree with you under normal circumstances but unfortunately for the FZ07 and FZ09 a slip-on is a messy job and the only option is a full exhaust, hence why it should be cheaper especially one a budget bike for a big jap name like Yamaha. On a regular sportbike when you have an option between full and slip I'd agree, but since we don't have that option they should've thought about that.  
On any other sportbike i'd go with a two bro's slip on and MJS headers... but alas... not this time. Maybe on my future R1 in a few short years (rofl)

Guest unknown

That doesn't make sense or I am misunderstanding you. A full exhaust shouldn't be cheaper because it is the only option. Companies still have to do R&D to get the pipes welded and bent into the proper shapes for our bikes. Are you saying they should lower the price because a slip on isn't an option? The SV full exhausts retail for about the same. Revzilla has the a Yoshi exhaust for about 100 bucks cheaper than the FZ07

PearlWhiteFZ

Can a yamaha slip on (any brand) work on the FZ just buy some brackets at lowes or Home Depot, etc. I wouldn't mind doing the cutting and smoothing out to make a slip on fit. Plus it's cheaper great alternative if possible and a good weekend mod:)

That doesn't make sense or I am misunderstanding you. A full exhaust shouldn't be cheaper because it is the only option. Companies still have to do R&D to get the pipes welded and bent into the proper shapes for our bikes. Are you saying they should lower the price because a slip on isn't an option? The SV full exhausts retail for about the same. Revzilla has the a Yoshi exhaust for about 100 bucks cheaper than the FZ07 

lol i always knew you were right unkown, it's just a part of me is incredibly butthurt that i can't afford the Akra and wan't something cheaper hehehe 

Archived