The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovic Exhaust available for pre-order

cowdry67

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest brickst3r

Yea somebody mentioned it. Hopefully they will start to ship soon. But most of us don't even have out ride yet lol

• 2 weeks later...
TwistedTorque

The answer is that it depends. On their own, no, aftermarket products do not imply a voided warranty. According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act
the dealer though can prove that your modification resulted in harm of the vehicle and can then use that to void your warranty. It's a fine line but there is leeway there for you to perform your modifications without instantly voiding your warranty.

ok, so I guess I'll reinstall the stock exhaust before I bring it in to the dealer , and I can't see any benefit in having the dealer install the Akrapovic if they can turn around and say "problem X" was the fault of the exhaust. They don't call em stealers for nothing,

THanks gamer

RRokay Raggie

• 2 weeks later...

I had the full TI akro on my SDR, sans restrictor plugs. The fit and finish are with the best I've seen from any exhaust company. The sound was superb. With the nice offbeat thumpa-thumpa of the 7twin, it should be different but I am thinking just as pleasing.

Does anybody know if a aftermarket exhaust system nulls the warranty?? I hope not , the fz7 sounds so sweet on you tube 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fEQkPUMvy0&list=FL53k8Ws1j-kzpaUGEHog-1A&feature=share

hopefully I can find one that isn't sold!
Meany

WOW, one of the best sounding bikes EVER...well, Honda CBR650F...good bye...this Yamaha fan has now decided...FZ07 FTW

thestache,

Hey man wazzzup?
I know right??? This bike sounds incredible even with the stock pipe. Can't wait for the Akra!! My rapid red 7 is in dire need of a pipe! The videos cool but I think this bike is a restricted version (47 BHP)for use with a Euro license? Hard to tell as I am terrible at reading foreign languages. That means the USA bike will rock even harder! I am so pumped about this bikes exhaust note.

I love the thunder clap in the middle when the bike goes out of sight, its like he engaged the warp drive or something.

p.s. I traded away a honda to have the yama and I don't regret it at all!
Happy hunting

RRokay Raggie

I just noticed this bad boyI like the Ti version better because it fits right where the factory one goes, but I would rock this one too.Not bad!

Ordered the cf version today from revzilla along with the pcv. Was going to get the Ti version but I remembered susceptibility to staining on the Katoom. As it is, I will probably use clear Stone guard on the CF.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome Tark , If I had the cabbage I'd preorder the Ti too.
Metal beats composite ! Lol. let the textual carnage begin Lol.

Just kidding fellas cool the keyboards.

RRokay Raggie

olderthandirt

Heads up....your FZ-07 with T1 Akrapovic WILL run correctly without any fuel controller IF you buy it with the cat converter and run it with the stock baffle. With the stock baffle it will be a bit louder than stock and will gain 4 hp and run like a raped ape. It will NOT sound ANYTHING like that French FZ-07 WITH THE RESTRICTER KIT...and baffle out.
If you remove the Cat converter OR the baffle...your bike will run like total Shet. It will sound bad ass but won't run any better than a 300 Ninja.
So...if you want the bike to run right...get the cat converter and run it WITH the baffle.
If you want to make a lot of noise and run really slow and waste money....remove the baffle and you will need a $200 fuel controller to make the fueling right again.
Been there...done that. Have the Akrapovic T1 on my bike for a month.
Yamaha says that they will honor all warranties with Akrapovic T1 system...IF you run it with the cat converter. They will NOT with the Cat not in the pipe.

Congress is the only whore house in the United States that loses money.

Half the reason I'm getting the exhaust is to ditch the heavy a$$ cat. The other half is to bring out the sound of the engine. I'm definitely not spending that kind if money to have the same thing I started out with, albeit in a better looking package.

Yamaha will warranty the bike, provided you don't burn a hole through a piston or squeak it running lean. Pretty sure the mag-moss act is still in effect, except to protect stupid owners that don't understand any time you increase flow in or out, you need to add fuel to the old air pump.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Guest illecfz

My dealer told me today that as long as the power commander is installed along with the exhaust then the warranty is not affected.

MarylandFZ07
My dealer told me today that as long as the power commander is installed along with the exhaust then the warranty is not affected.
that's a "good" salesman

I was looking at the PDF file of how to install it on their website and part of the instructions is to insert the cat into the pipe so maybe it does come with it. I'm hoping it does lol. If not I guess I'll have to shell out the extra 100 bucks for one.

Yes, but right after that it does state

WARNING: EC TYPE APPROVAL IS VALID ONLY IF OPTIONAL CATALYTIC CONVERTER IS INSTALLED!.

So it does state optional.
Im hoping that is not the case as Revzilla does not have it on their website yet.

Wow
Revzilla is fast.
They already responded to my question ON A SUNDAY!!

This is their response

The Akrapovic Exhaust System for the Yamaha FZ-07 does not come with the Catalytic Converter fitted. That is an optional part that is purchased separately' date=' and the EC approval rating on this exhaust is only valid if this converter is installed. At this time, we do not have the Catalytic Converter available on our website, but I will reach out to our merchandising team to see if we can make this available for you[/quote'] 
So hopefully they will be able to procure the part around the same time the exhausts start to ship. I do know of a company in the UK that is selling them and ships to the USA. I bought a ton of parts from them for my Buells and had nothing but great success. I have a feeling Revzilla will come through, but am not worried if they don't as I have a backup. Obviously I will share this backup if others need to purchase the CAT.

OlderThanDirt,
Where did you purchase the Cat for yours?

Sweet! I wonder if all the cats are the same size or if their bike specific? Cuz I went on eBay and there's a lot of them. But looks like I need to order a cat lol. Does your backup have them ready right now? Cuz I'd like to get it at the same time as the exhaust so I can put it all on at once.

Archived