The MT-07 Forum

Valtermoto saddlebags support

alexderbi

alexderbi, I just purchased Shrikes bags and mounts and they are really well made, mount in 5 minutes (after that they just slip on and off with one detachment knob). The mount is adjustable to swing the bags in tight following the taper of the tail or out parallel to bike centerline and will clear a Yosh tail tidy with stock signals in the out position. The only place they touch the bike is where your stock buddy peg mounts, remove the folding peg and install the mounting piece, really clever design that leaves itself open for other size/shape bags or my thought was an added fuel cell on one side. James and Suzanne are also very nice to work with and communication is tops...Mark

Hi @alexderbi - we're a supporting vendor (Shrike Mounts) on the forum and we have another option to mounting saddlebags without touching the plastics.  https://fz07.org/thread/7692/fz-shrike-bag-mount-pictures  Happy riding!

Hi thanks for your reply.. if i use your bags i cant have a passenger?

Hi @alexderbi - with the system on, you cannot carry a passenger - that's the downside to using the peg as a mounting point.  Switching the system out for the OEM pegs should only take a few minutes (see markster's comment on installation time) so you can simply pull the system if you want to go for a ride with a passenger, but without the bags.   

alexderbi, I'm not sure of your abilities but if you're handy you could add pegs to Shrikes system. Shrikes peg replacement piece only fills half the width of the stock footpeg bracket, the other half is filled with a thick alloy spacer, a guy could cut out a set of alloy pegs to replace the Shrike spacers using the Shrike pin to retain them. I don't think you'd be able to make them folding without studying the system further. I'll have to mount the bags to make sure that if I did add pegs that the bags wouldn't get in the passengers leg space. If you're not into making your own parts or able to design simple parts then maybe Shrikes response should be the final word. I'm not speaking for nor condoning the addition of homemade parts to someone elses design or system, just saying that I believe it's feasible...Mark

Archived