The MT-07 Forum

Just ordered yoshi R77 slip on.

mjdavis1994

mjdavis1994

Anyone here have this exhaust? Any reviews of it? Pros/cons? I just ordered it yesterday and it should be here either Friday or Tuesday depending on when the dealership gets it. (Wouldn't of gone to the dealership but they matched amazon and then gave me a military discount.) Price came out to $620.57...

Also I've heard many videos of this exhaust online (love the rumble) and for some reason they all have chrome pipes and say full exhaust however they (dealership) definitely told me it was a slip on. Can anyone verify? Amazon says full exhaust when I checked second time.. kinda worried because from the reviews I've seen on full exhaust you need a power commander/tune for full exhaust.

Either way I'm excited but just trying to plan. Thanks!

Anyone here have this exhaust? Any reviews of it? Pros/cons? I just ordered it yesterday and it should be here either Friday or Tuesday depending on when the dealership gets it. (Wouldn't of gone to the dealership but they matched amazon and then gave me a military discount.) Price came out to $620.57... 
Also I've heard many videos of this exhaust online (love the rumble) and for some reason they all have chrome pipes and say full exhaust however they (dealership) definitely told me it was a slip on. Can anyone verify? Amazon says full exhaust when I checked second time.. kinda worried because from the reviews I've seen on full exhaust you need a power commander/tune for full exhaust.

Yoshimura only makes full systems for our bikes so your dealer is misinformed. Unless a slip on was secretly released that I don't know about. The yoshi pipe is pretty popular among fz07 owners since they are very good quality and sell for a lower price than other full systems.

There are 2 finishes for the headers and 2 for the exhaust itself. There's the shiny stainless steel headers and the matte finish (called "works finish"). The exhaust has the cheaper stainless steel/carbon fiber tip option, or the more expensive full carbon fiber option.

I believe you don't need a tune with the baffle in, but need/should tune if you're running without the baffle. I'm not 100% sure, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

mjdavis1994

Yoshimura only makes full systems for our bikes so your dealer is misinformed. Unless a slip on was secretly released that I don't know about. The yoshi pipe is pretty popular among fz07 owners since they are very good quality and sell for a lower price than other full systems.

There are 2 finishes for the headers and 2 for the exhaust itself. There's the shiny stainless steel headers and the matte finish (called "works finish"). The exhaust has the cheaper stainless steel/carbon fiber tip option, or the more expensive full carbon fiber option.

I believe you don't need a tune with the baffle in, but need/should tune if you're running without the baffle. I'm not 100% sure, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Hopefully I won't need a tune, I mean I'm going to once I get ahold of a spare ECU so I don't void my warranty but the wife didn't bless off on the tune just yet. I ordered the full carbon one (looked the best in my opinion). I just called and verified I ordered the right one..

Hopefully I won't need a tune, I mean I'm going to once I get ahold of a spare ECU so I don't void my warranty but the wife didn't bless off on the tune just yet. I ordered the full carbon one (looked the best in my opinion). I just called and verified I ordered the right one..

Did you get the shiny stainless finish on the headers or the newer matte finish?

mjdavis1994
Did you get the shiny stainless finish on the headers or the newer matte finish?

To be completely honest I didn't ask I just asked if I was correct about the carbon muffler on a r77 exhaust and they verified. I'm going to go on a limb and say it's stainless because they got the part number out of a book then pulled it up in the system. They asked what mufflers I wanted but never mentioned the headers.

I've got it and love it. Nice deep tone with the baffle in. It's also worth it to get it tuned as I can definitely feel the extra go fast points (Nels at 2WDW is the man). You really don't have to get it tuned but it will be running lean and sounding like it until you do.

If you can, you should definitely get the works finish. Its the tits.

IMG_20170326_163203769.jpg

IMG_20170326_163238609.jpg

mjdavis1994
I've got it and love it. Nice deep tone with the baffle in. It's also worth it to get it tuned as I can definitely feel the extra go fast points (Nels at 2WDW is the man). You really don't have to get it tuned but it will be running lean and sounding like it until you do. 
If you can, you should definitely get the works finish. Its the tits.

IMG_20170326_163203769.jpg

IMG_20170326_163238609.jpg

It looks great! I haven't heard any in person but all the videos sound nice and rumbly. Thanks for the advice! I'm torn between tuning it myself or sending it off.

• Premium Member

I have the SS r77 and absolutely love it. Its plenty loud so Ive left the baffle in, not to mention just in case I get pulled over and db tested by the Fuzz.

I also bought some metal polish to do the headers (and can) now and then. Did I mention loving it?

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Just bought the same exhaust,only tried it in the garage and without the baffle it's fucking loud haha. Maybe it's good on the road but it was too loud for my taste so I've put the baffle in and the sound is awesome.

A little "rattle" at some point when the rpm drops with the baffle but again, didn't tried it on the road so maybe it won't be an issue when riding!

A little "rattle" at some point when the rpm drops with the baffle but again, didn't tried it on the road so maybe it won't be an issue when riding!
If by "rattle" you mean the crackle/popping from the exhaust, that's due to it running slightly lean. If you fix the fueling, it should go away, and the minor drop in power up top will as well.  
If you mean it actually sounds like metal on metal rattling, you may have something loose.

If by "rattle" you mean the crackle/popping from the exhaust, that's due to it running slightly lean. If you fix the fueling, it should go away, and the minor drop in power up top will as well.  
If you mean it actually sounds like metal on metal rattling, you may have something loose.
It definitely comes from the baffle because without it the sound isn't there. It fits very tight and bolted properly so I don't think it's the issue. I said rattle but maybe it's only caused by the restriction of the baffle, the flow isn't the same.

I'll see after I installed my PCFC ;)

I had a rattle sound with my exhaust, and I thought it was just the springs (I have the Mivv Oval Carbon). I put the external microphone for my gopro on my back with a clip and now I'm pretty sure it was the tool bag under the seat rattling. Something to look into.

Archived