The MT-07 Forum

Renthal Ultra Low with CRG Bar end mirrors

zadori

I am currently looking to buy the Renthal Ultra-Low bar but I was wondering what I needed to buy with it to be able to install CRG Arrow bar end mirrors on the bar. I have looked around and have found no direct answer, I have seen someone that had the Renthal Bar ends and it seemed to fit but I would like to make sure before ordering it all.

Thanks

Renthal Ultra-Low: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/renthal-street-handlebars-78 
CRG Arrow: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/crg-arrow-bar-end-mirror
Renthal Bar ends: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/renthal-bar-ends

Did this mod last month, I used the crg regular bar end mirrors. You don't need any other items. When measuring for your controls just leave enough room on the ends to clamp the mirrors right on the bars. I didn't even put bar end weights on. If possible drill your bars for the locating pins for your controls, you don't have to drill all the way through. Just enough for the pins. If you can't drill then you have to shave the pins off, wrap your bars with electrical tape to where your controls go to add a little more thickness to keep the controls for spinning. MEASURE TWICE, DRILL ONCE.

chrisburges
Did this mod last month, I used the crg regular bar end mirrors. You don't need any other items. When measuring for your controls just leave enough room on the ends to clamp the mirrors right on the bars. I didn't even put bar end weights on. If possible drill your bars for the locating pins for your controls, you don't have to drill all the way through. Just enough for the pins. If you can't drill then you have to shave the pins off, wrap your bars with electrical tape to where your controls go to add a little more thickness to keep the controls for spinning. MEASURE TWICE, DRILL ONCE.
Have a picture of your setup? im hoping to fit a ram mount somewhere

Yea I do. It can definitely fit a mount. She he bar is about an inch or so longer than stock. So the room you leave on the ends for the mirrors don't make a huge difference

Renthal ultralows were the best bar setup I have run. Currently running the woodcraft"clipons" but I intend to go back to the ultralows as they are better on the road. The woodies are better on a track though as they have a much more direct feel and the position is better at speed and lean ( so long as you move the footpegs accordingly).

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

AlbatrossCafe

I have Ultralows with CRG arrow mirrors. I cut the end of the throttle-tube off so I had room on the right-side of the bar to clamp the bar-end mirror onto. I wrapped the end a few times with electrical tape first to give the mirrors a better grip. Haven't moved since I put them on (even through hitting a few things with them).

Don't get the bar-end weights, they are a waste of money with these bars. You don't need anything special to mount the mirrors. Not much room on the bar for anything else now though.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Picture of the trimmed electrical tape before mounting:

3_tape.jpg

Trim off the excess tape from the end:

4_i_cut_off_excess.jpg

Result:

5.jpg

• 3 months later...

Not sure how much lower ( 1" or so?) but the end of the bars slopes down for a more natural hand/wrist position. They also have a ureathane vibration damper down the middle of the bar hollow.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

digitalsteve
Not sure how much lower ( 1" or so?) but the end of the bars slopes down for a more natural hand/wrist position. They also have a ureathane vibration damper down the middle of the bar hollow.
Thanks for that. Toying up between these and some Pro Tapers.... not sure which way to go.

Archived