The MT-07 Forum

YimmiYha Build thread

yimmiy

Hi guys,  Thought I'd start a build thread for my bike, it's a 2017 MT07 HO, which is the unrestricted version here in Australia. 

Brand new and stock:

DSC_0023.jpg

Removed the rear pegs and used some suspension spacers from my rc cars for the bolts:

DSC_0058_zpspzcfvytb_edit_1491778046619.jpg

Mustard Bikes tail tidy :

DSC_0060_zpsufqrvdqx_edit_1491778162025.jpg

I've ordered a Akro titanium exhaust for her too which I'll fit on the weekend.

Jimmy 

• Premium Member

Oooooo, stock, we dont see many of those here. ;)   What's the HO unrestricted status all about? Great electric blue paint on this model.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Oooooo, stock, we dont see many of those here. ;)   What's the HO unrestricted status all about? Great electric blue paint on this model.
It stands for High Output as in Australia our MT07 is restricted for learners and the HO is what everyone else gets in the world, full power! 

• Premium Member
It stands for High Output as in Australia our MT07 is restricted for learners and the HO is what everyone else gets in the world, full power! 
??! man, it seems to me you poor Aussies pay a larger premium and face tighter restrictions on pretty much everything on your island, from banned video-game content to speed regulated MCs. Sheesh. Restricted for learners?... gimme a break, since when do you guys need such insulting babysitting?

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

??! man, it seems to me you poor Aussies pay a larger premium and face tighter restrictions on pretty much everything on your island, from banned video-game content to speed regulated MCs. Sheesh. Restricted for learners?... gimme a break, since when do you guys need such insulting babysitting?

Yeh it's all about power to weight ratio, our regulations are pretty strict for manufacturers. But it does mean learners can jump on some pretty cool bikes to start on thou.

• Premium Member

You should see their restrictions on guns as well. Considering everything in nature in Australia wants to kill you too, I'll stay in the states. :D

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

You should see their restrictions on guns as well. Considering everything in nature in Australia wants to kill you too, I'll stay in the states. :D

Nah, the animals are fine, we just talk it up to keep everyone away from our awesome country haha

• Premium Member

Nah, the animals are fine, we just talk it up to keep everyone away from our awesome country haha
Id like to think Id be ok with everything except those bloody terrifying funnel-web spiders. Sorry man, we're really de-railing your build thread here. Dos spidrz doh.  

Welcome and congrats! People, if a brown or a salty crawl into your sleeping bag with you don't be alarmed, they're just trying to stay warm. If they bite you it's only because of mistaken identity so don't be upset with the animal while you're dying. Remain calm and have a Foster's.  ;)  Australia is as friendly a place as any.

Beemer

Yeah, just look at what the rich & powerful Brits with influence did to restrict the aborigines of Australia. I'm actually surprised they treat their own kind as well as they do. (sarcasm there) 

Beemer

You guys are overthinking it with OZ,
You got higher chances of being shot over there than being a victim of nature here

You guys are overthinking it with OZ, You got higher chances of being shot over there than being a victim of nature here
We know. We're just arachnophobic is all. Guns? Meh! They're a way of life here. 
Now back to Jimmy.

Beemer

You guys are overthinking it with OZ, You got higher chances of being shot over there than being a victim of nature here
We know. We're just arachnophobic is all. Guns? Meh! They're a way of life here.
I understand, it is after all a part of the constitution
I was just drawing a comparison, not having a dig.

I understand, it is after all a part of the constitution I was just drawing a comparison, not having a dig.

The most dangerous part of Australia would be our roads, alot of crazy drivers here.

• Premium Member
DSC_0067.jpg

Definitely one of the more stylin' and clean looking exhausts out there.   

• Premium Member
Yeh the build quality is perfect, you can see why this exhaust costs more then the others.
Yeah its a smooth work of art along with that double barrel baffle. It was a toss up but I went with the SS Yoshimura as I preferred how it sits on the bike. 

Yeh the build quality is perfect, you can see why this exhaust costs more then the others.
Yeah its a smooth work of art along with that double barrel baffle. It was a toss up but I went with the SS Yoshimura as I preferred how it sits on the bike.

Good choice, can't go wrong with a Yoshi

Archived