The MT-07 Forum

two brothers exhaust for $ 698.95

MarylandFZ07

found this website selling the two brothers exhaust for our fz-07. I havn't bought anything from them before...

http://www.surfsidemoto.com/store/product/TBR0054070105S1.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwp7WgBRCRxMCLx8mMnDMSJADncxS2KEciQ-WrRdqkCVho7m2tAvLcN0JkRkHirz6k060m7xoCHHXw_wcB

again, i have never heard of the company and have not bought a thing from them. potential buyer beware.

for $698 does it come with a turbo charger? to me its so stupid to spent that kind of money for 2 hp. you want it a loud bike to be cool?

for $698 does it come with a turbo charger? to me its so stupid to spent that kind of money for 2 hp. you want it a loud bike to be cool?
to each his own.... i am awaiting a different exhaust but thought I would share this for people looking for an alternative to the slightly more expensive akrapovic. 
not really sure why you are browsing the exhaust threads though... ?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.. How do they sell $200 cheaper than the people who manufacture it? Not a "bad" price compared to most of the exhaust options for our bike.

There has to be a ridiculous markup on these exhaust systems. I bought a cat-back exhaust for my truck for less than $300 and it's a hell of a lot more material than these tiny motorcycle exhausts.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.. How do they sell $200 cheaper than the people who manufacture it? Not a "bad" price compared to most of the exhaust options for our bike.  
There has to be a ridiculous markup on these exhaust systems. I bought a cat-back exhaust for my truck for less than $300 and it's a hell of a lot more material than these tiny motorcycle exhausts.
i believe they call it "intensive engineering/labor hours" as required for these high performance bikes. The mark up should be greater due to the smaller customer base for bikes compared to cars/trucks. I may just wait for a cheap slip on option such as the one being made by M4. 

supply and demand.

Yep. There is so much more that goes into cost of a product than material costs. I'd say, at most, material cost is in the ballpark of 1/3 to 1/2 the total cost of these exhausts. Add to that labor (with variable and fixed burden), corporate overhead, engineering, marketing, R&D, drafting and distribution overhead.

Add to all that the most important number of all, margin, and you have a selling price.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

you must be one of those guys that expects everything to be cheap or next to nothing.

I agree the price of motorcycle exhausts are a bit steep but there is more to it than just sound.  I have the exhaust mentioned and I can honestly say the throttle response is muuuch better, the motor revs out smoother, it looks a whole lot better that the stock can, oh and it sounds amazing.  I can actually see heads turn when I give it a little rev while splitting lanes. 

[span style=font-size:10pt]I agree the price of motorcycle exhausts are a bit steep but there is more to it than just sound.  I have the exhaust mentioned and I can honestly say the throttle response is muuuch better, the motor revs out smoother, it looks a whole lot better that the stock can, oh and it sounds amazing.  I can actually see heads turn when I give it a little rev while splitting lanes. [/span]
 I wish I could split lanes. Traffic in Atlanta is so bad.

How do they sell $200 cheaper than the people who manufacture it?

Because the people that manufacture it sell it for MSRP so as not to undercut their corporate customers (Tucker Rocky, Parts Unlimited, etc). Not to mention, they're making even more of a profit like that because they'll have less middle men in the transaction.

But yes, there are huge mark-ups in most everything. I worked behind the parts counter for a powersports store in 06-07. I know we had a huge mark-up on parts from Yamaha.

• 2 weeks later...
How do they sell $200 cheaper than the people who manufacture it?
Because the people that manufacture it sell it for MSRP so as not to undercut their corporate customers (Tucker Rocky, Parts Unlimited, etc). Not to mention, they're making even more of a profit like that because they'll have less middle men in the transaction. 
But yes, there are huge mark-ups in most everything. I worked behind the parts counter for a powersports store in 06-07. I know we had a huge mark-up on parts from Yamaha.
Semper Fi.... 8-) 

• 1 month later...
RevZilla just posted up the Two Brothers system. Expected to ship mid-January. $810

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/two-brothers-s1r-exhaust-system-yamaha-fz-07-2015

Looks like they're claiming it sheds 10lbs and has almost a 4 horsepower gain, and it appears to all be at the very top of the powerband. For reference, the Akrapovic Titanium system adds just under 3hp and sheds just under 4lbs (The carbon fiber system will gain more and weigh less based on the FZ-09 system stats, but the FZ-07 stats aren't out yet).

2015-FZ07-S1R-HP.jpg

So far, Two Bros seems to be the best system, in terms of HP gain and weight savings. It'll be interesting to see the stats on the Akro carbon system.

Archived