The MT-07 Forum

A little powder coating

rocco

Finally got some money to ditch the Bridgestone. Never again with that brand. I never felt secure and slid all over the place. After 5 miles on the power pilots I felt the assurance that I was used to on every other bike.

The even better news is my buddy who put my tires on for me threw in some free powder coating. I could not be happier and even walked passed her in the shop!

It is a candy apple with a flat clear.

Let me know what you guys think! cf163da13ed1b92bd5acc764ef3d2d16.jpg3d860eb1c6429a91f2737cf73ad4e18f.jpge012af8f8cffcf75f41bc908afc2a13d.jpg

That looks great! How long did it take?
Thanks man!

My buddy hooked me up and it only took a few days. If I was a paying customer it would be much faster!

Finally got some money to ditch the Bridgestone. Never again with that brand. I never felt secure and slid all over the place. After 5 miles on the power pilots I felt the assurance that I was used to on every other bike.
I wouldnt swear off bridgestone tires forever because of that comparison.  The stock bt023 is a sport touring tire that is comparable to the pilot road (8-10k miles); pilot powers arent really a fair comparison.  But... if u want amazing tires that dont last very long my favorite are the Dunlop Q3s.  After i had those put on, i felt so confident that i went around picking fights with big dudes for no reason.  Only lasts around 3-4k miles though. 

I wouldnt swear off bridgestone tires forever because of that comparison.  The stock bt023 is a sport touring tire that is comparable to the pilot road (8-10k miles); pilot powers arent really a fair comparison.  But... if u want amazing tires that dont last very long my favorite are the Dunlop Q3s.  After i had those put on, i felt so confident that i went around picking fights with big dudes for no reason.  Only lasts around 3-4k miles though.
I almost bought the q3 but didn't want to wait to get them in stock!!!

I've had lots of different tires but the Bridgestone were terrible!

• 1 month later...
One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch. I went to the Bridgestone S21's from the 023's and they're a great tire. They have other tires that are even better than the S21's.  

Beemer

[div]I think you got a good deal. To be honest it looks a little plain Jane and could use another complimenting color to give it some contrast and pop. Even a few choice stickers/decals would make a huge difference. [/div]

Beemer

One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch. I went to the Bridgestone S21's from the 023's and they're a great tire. They have other tires that are even better than the S21's.
Of course! Perhaps mine were old when they were put on?

• 2 weeks later...
[div]I think you got a good deal. To be honest it looks a little plain Jane and could use another complimenting color to give it some contrast and pop. Even a few choice stickers/decals would make a huge difference. [/div]
You think mine is plain jane? Lol

Well, yes, because plain means not decorated and your bike doesn't appear to be decorated. Is there something I'm not seeing? Don't get me wrong, it's a great bike. 

Beemer

Well, yes, because plain means not decorated and your bike doesn't appear to be decorated. Is there something I'm not seeing? Don't get me wrong, it's a great bike.

All good! Besides I suppose a sticker I have done quite a bit.

That's the beauty of bikes, make them the way you like.

Now my 1980 cb750 is anything but plain

• 2 months later...

IMO, the candy apple with flat clear just makes it look like the parts have been plasti-dipped.  I think gloss clear would look much better with candy paint.  It was free though so, eh.

Paint job works very well. Strong vibrant look.

The OEM BT023 tyres are a very perculiar example for Bridgestone. They compound is unusual for bridgie ( quite hard) and the carcass feels more like the harsh feel of a Dunlop. As others have said , don't judge Bridgestone by this tyre. Interestingly this a reissue of a bridgestone model from the 1980's and 90's ( well really it was a BT23 without the "0"). They also were the worst tyre Bridgestone ever made. I guess they keep the model number for their aweful tyres.

If you like compliant soft grip feel Pirelli PR4's are currently it. Incredible all weather performance on the road. If you prefer a harsher, more direct feel then Q3 seem to be getting the nod. Me, I perfer the Pirelli feel, but the racing/track guys seem to be going Q3 Dunlops.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived