The MT-07 Forum

New guy needs help

Hi Folks,

I'm brand new here and trying to help a young lady with he '15 FZ 07 suspension problems.

She is tiny and probably weighs a whopping 125 pounds. She has had a shop install the Andreani cartridges. The resulting sag on the front is a whole 1/8".

I suspect that we'll need lighter springs as I doubt the travel of the preload adjusters will have much effect.

If anyone has input about this it would be appreciated, especially if you can point me to a source that shows what spring rates are available.

I've been riding and wrenching since 1962, so I'm an old guy and my on-line search capabilities suck. Any help would be great.

If this post needs moved or whatever please do so. 

John

Hey - and welcome.
I weigh in about 135 dripping wet and have those same cartridges in mine. Though I believe the springs i have are a bit too stiff for my weight, I probably have closer 1.5" of static sag. Something's not right with your friend's set-up.

The caps have preload adjusters, but unlike a similar looking Showa cap, unless you put a wrench on them, you cannot tell where they are set. Maybe they have the spring preload cranked up - that would be full clockwise iirc. See if they will turn counterclockwise.

And yes, this will get more views and help in the suspension or tech help sections.

Rick,

Thanks for the input.

I expect that it would be poor form to copy my thread and open a new thread in the suspension forum, RIGHT?

So should I retype a new thread in suspension?

I don't want to get in trouble on the first day I'm here.

John

You can copy/paste your 1st post in the " suspension" threads in the garage -even title it the same if ya want. You can explain you started it "here" (copy link to this page) and just explain why you moved it. No big deal.

There are issues with the Andreani cartridges - as there are issues with pretty much all of the rebound on one side/compression the other fork set-ups. Mine is now 3 valves ( a base compression valve was added to the rebound leg and a new piston added to the compression side.

I'll bet the shop used the same fork oil in both legs. The compression side is way over damped and really needs lighter fluid. even with the lighter fluid, and new valving, I have the C leg full 4 turns open and Rebound side at 3 turns out.

Thanks Rick & Cruzin,

I probably won't get to work on this until next Saturday.

I'll post what I find out.

John

Archived