The MT-07 Forum

Old hand stopping by to say hello

Quixote

• Premium Member

Hello, all

I'm an old hand that's been riding for a lot of years on a variety of styles and brands of bikes. I've modified most of them.

I'm currently on a 2012 Ninja 650R and want a bike that has just a little more low end grunt, is a little more agile and is easier to work on (no fairing).
Almost all of my riding is on the hilly, twisty backroads of the Missouri ozarks with very little on the interstate. It seems like the FZ-07 would be a good fit for me.

I don't have an FZ-07, but I do feel it calling and I've lurked here a little bit to learn whether it'd suit me.

BTW...Your forum is the most comprehensive of the ones I've found. Cool group of members too.

Hello, all 
I'm an old hand that's been riding for a lot of years on a variety of styles and brands of bikes. I've modified most of them.

I'm currently on a 2012 Ninja 650R and want a bike that has just a little more low end grunt, is a little more agile and is easier to work on (no fairing).
Almost all of my riding is on the hilly, twisty backroads of the Missouri ozarks with very little on the interstate. It seems like the FZ-07 would be a good fit for me.

I don't have an FZ-07, but I do feel it calling and I've lurked here a little bit to learn whether it'd suit me.

BTW...Your forum is the most comprehensive of the ones I've found. Cool group of members too.
Hey Quixote - Fellow Missourian here. I live in the west central area of the state and have been hoping to take the ride down to the Ozarks soon because you guys have some great twisty back roads down south. Welcome to the forum and I am sure you will find all you need to know and maybe even a little more than you want to know on this great forum. I, personally, have really enjoyed this bike so far. 

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome quixote! Glad you joined our little group, from what you told us it sounds like the 07 will give you what you want.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

Welcome Don ! (see what I did there?  :P)  Thanks for the compliment, you are right, we have a great bunch of people here.

Great to have you on board. It seems to me that a FZ-07 is a perfect match for you. The bike is easy to work on, has 'old school' features like throttle cables and is easy to work on. It is relatively cheap and has lot's of grunt. 

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

• Premium Member
Hey Quixote - Fellow Missourian here. I live in the west central area of the state and have been hoping to take the ride down to the Ozarks soon because you guys have some great twisty back roads down south. Welcome to the forum ........

Whenever you're ready to head this way missourifz07 let me know. We'll meet up and I'll take you through some gorgeous scenery on some rewarding routes. 
This is my 1st attempt at answering a post on this board without seeing a preview. We'll see how that goes.

• Premium Member
Welcome Don ! (see what I did there?  :P)  Thanks for the compliment, you are right, we have a great bunch of people here. 
Great to have you on board. It seems to me that a FZ-07 is a perfect match for you......

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?
Yes. I did see what you did there. Education is a wonderful thing. ;o) 
The more time I spend here, the more I'm becoming convinced that the FZ-07 is just what I'm looking for. 

Getting a test ride around here is almost impossible, but I do have a line on good deal from where I got the ninja 650r.
They're the only dealer that will let me ride it to see if I like it before making the commitment to buy.

P.S. I sent you a PM

• Premium Member
It worked!! lol 
Where in the Ozarks are you located?
I'm between Branson and Springfield. The roads get more interesting as you get closer to Branson, but there's some good riding on the way there. Most of the roads are nicely paved too. 

I go to Ozark or Sparta a few times per year to the Chadwick ATV riding area. Great place!! Anywhere south of Springfield I am sure there are some great roads.

• Global Moderator

You will like it, I guarantee it !  I bought mine right out of the box, never even sat on it. Here's my intro (with some pics)  :D

(got your pm and replied)

Great...now I gotta buy a book. His quotes have made me to curious. Especially the windmill, giants, and adventures.

Archived