The MT-07 Forum

Check out the exhaust choices that I'm considering-links

zilrevva

Hey folks, I just ordered a brand spankin new FZ-07 from my local dealer and I know that I will want to change the exhaust. 

I want max power and sound quality. I want the girls to come runnin when i crank up my bike! Ok, I'm dreamin..

Here is what I'm looking at presently.

Link- Akrapovic Racing Exhaust System Titanium/Carbon fiber  $971.00 Worth the price? 

Link- Yoshimura R77 Works Race Exhaust System  $629.00 Thats more like it, but does it perform? Last? Sound good? 

Ok, also looking at

Link- Graves Performance Bundle $1115.00 WTF? Ok, it includes sliders and Fender eliminator. Still, it better shoot lightning out the back

Link- Scorpion Serket Taper Exhaust System $764.00 I have never heard of Scorpion Exhausts before. 

So, anyone got any feedback on those above exhausts? Power, longevity, sound? 

You guys are the FZ-07 experts, been reading here for a few months. I'd love your opinion before I start ordering my upgrades. 

I might call that Nels dude too, see what he thinks. 

• Premium Member

If you want some work thats worthy of a place in the Louvre museum Graves is the one get, even the headers are pre assembled... If you want Max power the Akra Ti has that honors by a mile...If you want some beautiful music my vote is LeoVince... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Guest 2wheeler
I'll save you the time on that call, as I just got that question asked/answered from 2WDW.  
The power order so far from them is this:

1. Akra Ti (without the DB killer/baffle)
2. Yoshi (doesn't matter if the DB killer is in or out)
3. SC Project
4. Everything else (everything else is close enough, and nothing stands out)

If that list has changed, it would be great to see a current list of the dyno graphs from 2WDW on all the exhausts they have done on the FZ-07

In the end, if you want to go for the peak hp, go for the Akra Ti or the Yoshi, otherwise go for the look and sound that you like.

My $0.02 worth... having ridden beside a guy with the Akra with the DB killer out, I have got to say that FZ was obnoxiously f..king loud. IMHO, folks should leave that shet for the track!

I've been hearing a lot buzz for the Black Widow exhaust and have not gotten a chance to ask 2WDW about them but I believe you should give them a look too. Hopefully people with more experience could chime in as I am also in the market for an exhaust and ECU flash.

You do you and I'll do me.

• Premium Member

I would send you clips of exhaust sounds, I mean there are even videos of exhaust comparisons... but there's no point. Hearing it in person is the only way to really know how it sounds. and whether or not you'd like it. But I've heard both the Yosh and the Akra, and I like the sound of both.

If you're worried about longevity, I have the first pipe made for Yoshi for this bike (I gave them my bike to do the R&D). It's still kickin' after 25K+ miles and almost three years.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

I would think you want a pipe that looks good on the bike as well so what looks best to you? Only you know that. Pipes are very close to each other in performance (your experience probably matters more) and many sound good. What do you think sounds best? Many people think the Akra Ti looks and sounds the best and they were willing to pay extra for it. "Worth the price?" Depends on who you are.

Beemer

Yoshi r77 best bang for your buck hands down I'll debate anybody... Baffle out is sweet music to your ears
That's a good pipe and 'with mods' it can make up for the loss of torque on the bottom end when you use the pipe alone. Pipe alone ... it's not the hands down best but it's relative. Is it best no matter what? 

Beemer

I am a big fan of the Akra carbon "snail pipe". More power than the Ti ( once flashed or re-fueled) and the lightest of the lot. Arrow was the top power pipe for a while but the last I saw the latest Yoshi had pipped it for peak HP.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Guest 2wheeler
Many people think the Akra Ti looks and sounds the best
Count me as one of the members of the "Akra Ti Is Fugly Club
Personally, I think the SC Project is by far the best looking exhaust, but when push comes to shove and I finally get a pipe (2018 maybe), I'll end up with the Yoshi with the carbon can and the headers that turn bronze-ish after a couple of heat cycles. That Yoshi has decent looks and gets very good power.

I recently met a guy who works for Yoshimura, and he assured me that they put a lot of time, money, and effort to tune each exhaust system for the specific application.

Are we going off the trail a bit here cause I read that zilrevva only mentioned getting a pipe, not a pipe with a flash tune or other mods. Without a flash tune a particular pipe may be lacking.  ;)

Beemer

2wheeler, So the yoshi can is fugly then?
I am one of the wierd people that doesn't look at my bike when I am riding. It's looks quality is a function of thit's function. Call me an old Bauhausian.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Guest 2wheeler
2wheeler, So the yoshi can is fugly then? I am one of the wierd people that doesn't look at my bike when I am riding. It's looks quality is a function of thit's function. Call me an old Bauhausian.

No Gregjet, my take is that the Akra Ti is fugly (real fugly!). Oh yeah, the LeoVince gets honorable mention on the fugly scale too. I think that the Yoshi looks good, that is why I said I would likely be buying one eventually. 
So far I have ridden my bike with the 2WDW flash, stock exhaust, no snorkel, and the MWR air filter; one with an Akra without the DB killer; one with an Akra with the DB killer, and a M4 with the DB killer. I have also heard a guy's bike with the Yoshi with the DB killer.

I was thinking about this yesterday when I went for 125 mile ride. The ugliest of all the exhausts has to be stock. Looks only come into play for me when I am walking up to the bike, after that, who cares. The catch of that is that if I'm going to cough up $600-$1000, I want to buy something thats going to look good.

Sound wise, I honestly like the sound of the MWR air filter and a stock exhaust better than the bikes I've ridden, but that is only when I am actually moving. The intake suck sound made with the MWR is pretty cool, and at the same time, you don't have the sound of a damn loud exhaust when you are riding.

BUT.... the sound of the FZ-07 when you are blipping the throttle at idle with an aftermarket exhaust, like the Akra, Yoshi, etc, is FREAKING awesome!

Thus the dilemma, do I get a pipe to look good and sound good at idle, or do I wear ear plugs.....

Now folks will mention the power increase with the aftermarket exhaust, on yesterday's ride I realized that I'm really good with the power delivery of my bike the way it is. I don't know if I got one of those good motors, or I broke it in the best way to have a strong running motor, or what, but my bike is noticeably punchier and smoother than the three FZs I rode that had the aftermarket exhausts.

I've put on about 300 miles since I removed my half snorkel based on the dyno testing that Nels did that said that I lost power and torque as a result of my experiment. The FZ does seem punchier as a result of removing the half snorkel, and it is the first time I have ridden the bike with the MWR air filter with no snorkel. The combo of 2WDW flash, stock exhaust, no snorkel, and the MWR air filter seems to work great (BTW it was flashed for stock exhaust/no snorkel).

I'm really happy with my bike - think I will just ride the piss out of it!

2wheeler, So the yoshi can is fugly then? I am one of the wierd people that doesn't look at my bike when I am riding. It's looks quality is a function of thit's function. Call me an old Bauhausian.

No Gregjet, my take is that the Akra Ti is fugly (real fugly!). Oh yeah, the LeoVince gets honorable mention on the fugly scale too. I think that the Yoshi looks good, that is why I said I would likely be buying one eventually. 
So far I have ridden my bike with the 2WDW flash, stock exhaust, no snorkel, and the MWR air filter; one with an Akra without the DB killer; one with an Akra with the DB killer, and a M4 with the DB killer. I have also heard a guy's bike with the Yoshi with the DB killer.

I was thinking about this yesterday when I went for 125 mile ride. The ugliest of all the exhausts has to be stock. Looks only come into play for me when I am walking up to the bike, after that, who cares. The catch of that is that if I'm going to cough up $600-$1000, I want to buy something thats going to look good.

Sound wise, I honestly like the sound of the MWR air filter and a stock exhaust better than the bikes I've ridden, but that is only when I am actually moving. The intake suck sound made with the MWR is pretty cool, and at the same time, you don't have the sound of a damn loud exhaust when you are riding.

BUT.... the sound of the FZ-07 when you are blipping the throttle at idle with an aftermarket exhaust, like the Akra, Yoshi, etc, is FREAKING awesome!

Thus the dilemma, do I get a pipe to look good and sound good at idle, or do I wear ear plugs.....

Now folks will mention the power increase with the aftermarket exhaust, on yesterday's ride I realized that I'm really good with the power delivery of my bike the way it is. I don't know if I got one of those good motors, or I broke it in the best way to have a strong running motor, or what, but my bike is noticeably punchier and smoother than the three FZs I rode that had the aftermarket exhausts.

I've put on about 300 miles since I removed my half snorkel based on the dyno testing that Nels did that said that I lost power and torque as a result of my experiment. The FZ does seem punchier as a result of removing the half snorkel, and it is the first time I have ridden the bike with the MWR air filter with no snorkel. The combo of 2WDW flash, stock exhaust, no snorkel, and the MWR air filter seems to work great (BTW it was flashed for stock exhaust/no snorkel).

I'm really happy with my bike - think I will just ride the piss out of it!

I got one of them engines too

• 2 weeks later...
I'll save you the time on that call, as I just got that question asked/answered from 2WDW.  
The power order so far from them is this:

1. Akra Ti (without the DB killer/baffle)
2. Yoshi (doesn't matter if the DB killer is in or out)
3. SC Project
4. Everything else (everything else is close enough, and nothing stands out)

If that list has changed, it would be great to see a current list of the dyno graphs from 2WDW on all the exhausts they have done on the FZ-07

In the end, if you want to go for the peak hp, go for the Akra Ti or the Yoshi, otherwise go for the look and sound that you like.

My $0.02 worth... having ridden beside a guy with the Akra with the DB killer out, I have got to say that FZ was obnoxiously f..king loud. IMHO, folks should leave that shet for the track!

Hey, I'm new to the forums here... I bought my FZ about 2 months ago & have racked up a little over 2K miles on it. After getting used to the torque I'll have to say that I really enjoy the bike how it is however, I'd like to put an exhaust system on it for a couple of reasons: 1) I live in the Charlotte metro area and I'd like to be heard while on the road ( People down here don't look for bikes like they should) and 2) I'd like more power XD. I also eventually want to set my bike up as a street/track bike. My question comes in because I was looking at a 2 Bros system. Anyone with experience with them? Also, how do they compare to the Yoshi and the Akra? Thanks - Matt 

Archived