The MT-07 Forum

YAMAHA FZ-07 BLASTER-X INTEGRATED LED TAIL LIGHT And others

skiddum

Hey guys. I'm looking to buy this for my bike and it says it's not dot rated. None of the ones I can find are. Revzilla has one that looks cool

a7d5a2132ba69557e35d828b4384eb08.jpg

f54bd267cceef59f966499c2189d7352.jpg

ab157921071ba7b226e16c602f050cf3.jpg

I really like the tst one but I like custom and moto as well. I want one that is bright to draw attention to it especially from the side.
I want to make sure everything works out especially during safety.
I wanna set it up so that I have the Yoshimura Fender Eliminator Kit with 3 wire blinkers so that they work properly. I understand that's probably why they're not dot regulated is cause you take out the blinkers. But if they still have some led blinkers I think it should pass. I live in Utah.
So if anyone has any advice or a way to make it work that would be great.

topazsparrow

I have the TST tail light and highly recommend it.

It's quite bright and comes with several different flash modes. I bought it for the brake strobe (flashes 3 times when you apply the brake) because it really catches the eye of people behind you.

The integrated signals are amber color and could be brighter but are still visible in the daylight. I still use separate signals as well to stay legal.

The TST light looks the best to me as well.

• Premium Member

Also motodynamic has a wicked tail light...none will be DOT approved since it's " integrated " ...I never seen a post here yet where someone got in trouble for using an aftermarket tail light...my vote is for motodynamic

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Also motodynamic has a wicked tail light...none will be DOT approved since it's " integrated " ...I never seen a post here yet where someone got in trouble for using an aftermarket tail light...my vote is for motodynamic
Do you know how I would set up both the motodynamic tail light and the rear blinkers so that they work together

• Premium Member

No I do not, I took a sawzall to the rear mud guard as it was bouncy as heck...I know a few ppl have done this, I just gotta track the threads down...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I have the Blaster-X and I absolutely love it. It's extremely bright and is completely plug and play so it is a very easy install. I'm also running the Yoshimura fender eliminator so if you would like a picture I'm sure I can come up with something. Also the Blaster-X comes with a 2 year warranty and a satisfaction guarantee.

• Premium Member

Capture_2017_04_07_16_13_43.png

how to upload photos to internet

@skiddum... you need to buy a diffrent subwire harness and swap it out with the supplied subwire harness

• Premium Member

Check your local laws. It's not DOT rated because turn signals are suppose to be a certain distance apart from each other. For example, in California the turn signals need to be 9 inches apart.

It's just like other mods (ie Exhausts), there is risk. MOST say they don't have trouble, but you it's no guarantee.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

I have the Motodynamic with the Motodynamic Fender Eliminator, because it provides a metal flange that fills the space between the Fender Eliminator and the Taillight. Many of the other Fender Eliminators don't have that feature. Plus the LED light for the plate is pretty bright.5bd16aa2c8a805e8e3dad1d36e402e60.jpg

SigSide.jpg

I have the Blaster-X and I absolutely love it. It's extremely bright and is completely plug and play so it is a very easy install. I'm also running the Yoshimura fender eliminator so if you would like a picture I'm sure I can come up with something. Also the Blaster-X comes with a 2 year warranty and a satisfaction guarantee.
Yeah I'd love to see that. I'm looking at the blaster X and yoshimura fender eliminator or the motodynamics set up so I'd like to see the blaster X and yoshimura together

Yeah I'd love to see that. I'm looking at the blaster X and yoshimura fender eliminator or the motodynamics set up so I'd like to see the blaster X and yoshimura together
Alright well I'm currently in the Air Force and am deployed at the moment so i cant take any pictures of the light specifically for about another month but i did go through my old pictures of the bike and a video of when i first installed the light and got some decent angles of the light.  IMG_0324.png

IMG_0325.png

IMG_0326.png

IMG_0327.png

IMG_0328.png

IMG_0329.png

Alright well I'm currently in the Air Force and am deployed at the moment so i cant take any pictures of the light specifically for about another month but i did go through my old pictures of the bike and a video of when i first installed the light and got some decent angles of the light.  IMG_0324.png

IMG_0325.png

IMG_0326.png

IMG_0327.png

IMG_0328.png

IMG_0329.png

That's sick. I've always loved your bike. I see it everywhere. I wanna have something similar to your paint job on my tank. Are those decals or painted

fz_tail_light.jpg

TST smoked tail light w/ Motodynamics fender eliminator. Love the setup of each. MD fender kit has plug and play plate light and covers the gap between the light and splash guard. The taillight looks awesome and is plenty bright. Like others have said, it has the option to change the flash style. I have it setup so it flashes 3x and then remains on steady. You can have it so it flashes constantly but i feel that style could be somewhat ambiguous to other drivers. Turn signals are plenty bright and are obvious even with brake light on. It was completely plug and play. You can buy their relay to stop hyperflash but you can also adjust the flash rate to your liking. If you're concerned about DOT status, you can always buy the tail light and install different turn signals....OR .... bust out those arm signals!

IMG_0325.png

IMG_0326.png

IMG_0327.png

IMG_0328.png

IMG_0329.png

That's sick. I've always loved your bike. I see it everywhere. I wanna have something similar to your paint job on my tank. Are those decals or painted

They are decals.

fz_tail_light.jpg

TST smoked tail light w/ Motodynamics fender eliminator. Love the setup of each. MD fender kit has plug and play plate light and covers the gap between the light and splash guard. The taillight looks awesome and is plenty bright. Like others have said, it has the option to change the flash style. I have it setup so it flashes 3x and then remains on steady. You can have it so it flashes constantly but i feel that style could be somewhat ambiguous to other drivers. Turn signals are plenty bright and are obvious even with brake light on. It was completely plug and play. You can buy their relay to stop hyperflash but you can also adjust the flash rate to your liking. If you're concerned about DOT status, you can always buy the tail light and install different turn signals....OR .... bust out those arm signals!

I still love the look and style of the tst. How bright is it. That's one big reason I'm really looking at the blaster X. But still no dening the style of it and it's so.easy to program.

They are decals.
Where'd you get them. I wanna get the Fz-07 on my tank it's either that or the tank pads from yamaha that have The Fz-07 cut out

I still love the look and style of the tst. How bright is it. That's one big reason I'm really looking at the blaster X. But still no dening the style of it and it's so.easy to program.

I believe TST has more LED bulbs than most of the others, but I can't say for sure that necessarily makes it brighter. I was concerned that the smoked would be too dim during the day but I was very pleasantly surprised. I don't have any hesitation riding in daytime hours. I also don't think I would have been upset having the clear lens either. It's really personal preference. Blaster X seems nice but I just don't care for the appearance of the lens. I'm sure you'll be happy with either.

Here's a pic of mine with all lights off. It's what attracted me in the first place, but I had to make sure it did its job effectively. 

tail_light_dark.jpg

They are decals.
Where'd you get them. I wanna get the Fz-07 on my tank it's either that or the tank pads from yamaha that have The Fz-07 cut out

They came on the bike from the factory, they're just vinyl stickers and not painted on. I think there was a thread about the stickers and it had their serial number from yamaha here recently.

Archived