The MT-07 Forum

The Harley Street Rod is no Yamaha FZ-07. Not even close

Cruizin

Better, Lets put a Gixxer Powerband in the FZ07 a 10lb blue powerband will do its around 87hp them hardly ablesomes use india based cheap material in there powerbands and is really two royal enfield powerbands

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Guest 2wheeler
[div]Let's jack that FZ-07 up to 95 h.p. from 70 and see which bike rules in the 1/4.[/div]
That gets me thinking, could you imagine what the FZ-07 would be like jacked to 95hp (and a proportionate bump in torque), weighing the same, power delivery similar to what it's like after a 2WDW flash, and a decent suspension... all the while with a factory Yamaha warranty. Plus they would have to keep it to ABS only option, with none of that ride-by-wire/traction control crap.

Now that would be a motorcycle!!!

Hell, I would even forgive them for the crappy mirrors and the position of the horn button.

So, wedge this motor into the FZ frame? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MZ_1000S
MuZ used to sell bikes with the Raptor 650 engine so maybe Yam could buy the rights to this now discontinued lump? The TDM900 lump could be used but would need some serious tarting up to find another 20HP.

> forgive them for the position of the horn button

or that stupid-a$$ start button. Sorry, never!

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Put a viper V10 and call it Boss HawgBalls

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 2 months later...

Wait, what?! Just got my FZ-07 (my 10th Yamaha if memory serves correctly). I thought the whole turn signal horn button thing was a saftey feature. Kinda like you know annouces your intention to turn. In fact I thought that ABS stood for Audible Blinker System....

Had a 2010 Harley XR1200 and really did not expect to like it as much as I did. In some ways wish it was still in the garage. It was a good commuter, fun at old guy pace in the twisties and got as good mpg as the FZ.

ABS =  Audible Blinker System. The horn beebs every time I use the blinker

• 1 month later...

When I was looking to trade in my V-Star 650 Custom for a different bike I considered getting the Harley Street 750. I took my riding class at Harley since my father is a die hard Harley guy and I thought Harley was the way I wanted to go. The Street 500 is what you learn on there.  All my talk about getting the Street made my boyfriend go nuts and he made me ride his FZ so I could feel what it felt like compared to my V-Star and Street. Shortly after I got my FZ Harley released their Street Rod. Immediately my boyfriend and I went to the closest Harley dealer to see what it was all about. As soon as I sat on it, I disliked it. Same goes for my boyfriend. The seating position is weird, your knees are to high up and you want to sit further back to accommodate but the handle bars won't let you. I personally think that the FZ is one of the best bikes on the market right now. No Harley even comes close to comparing to the FZ.   Here is a photo of me in the course on the Street 500!

14212648_10209416508562481_7033506987154291304_n.jpg

The Jarley Street rod is part of the rebel alliance and a traitor!

- Darth Vader

• 3 weeks later...

Harley's have a place in the motorcycle world for sure...   My local dealer(probably yours too) lets you take any Harley out of the showroom for a test drive as long as you got a license.   I road like 8 bikes a few weekends back.   We get a 7 mile loop per test drive.   The street rod was a joke, nothing like the FZ.   Clunky and heavy.  I actually really liked only only one bike of the eight.    The sportster 48.   It was seriously underpowered compared to my FZ, but it felt great to ride.   Comfortable with a similar riding position.  Nimble enough to be suprised, and kind of fun to ride.   The upside down mirrors are an awesome look Imo.   Go take a free test ride!

Archived