The MT-07 Forum

Sitting on Bike While Parked

philthyphil

philthyphil

I sometimes sit on my FZ 07 while I'm parked and waiting for class to start, an appointment, or what ever. I just sit on the bike in a riding like position with the bike on the kickstand. So the kickstand is holding the weight of the bike with me on it. I weight about 230 lbs.

Do you all think this is too much weight for the kickstand to handle? Will it eventually cause me problems?

I have done this on all my bikes, never had a problem. I am about 150lb wet. As long as you are not jumping around or practicing stationary stunting I think you should be fine.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

We would be worried if you started making vroom vroom noises. ;)

Illegitimi non carborundum

AlbatrossCafe

There are some infamous stoplights where I live where you can literally sit for 3-4 minutes. If I arrive at one of those lights as it turns red I will turn the bike off and post up on my stand and take a nap. I am also about 230lbs.

We would be worried if you started making vroom vroom noises. ;)
I make vroom vroom noises.....
We all do, let's be honest...

• Premium Member

I do this in the winter time when the bikes are tucked away in the garage ? and put on a long audio recording of a ride I have done...I call it "Air Biking"... am I normal?

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

im 230 and i gotta stand on the left pedal and swing my leg over and the kick stand has not buckled yet LOL i think im good. I carry a large 30L bag. gotta do it this way cause of my bum back.

• Global Moderator

Youll be fine as long as you arent bouncing around, im 6'1 @240 snd do it all the time. My kicktsand has buckled due to a low side a while back, but it still holds my fat ass

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

ducttapewd40
I do this in the winter time when the bikes are tucked away in the garage ? and put on a long audio recording of a ride I have done...I call it "Air Biking"... am I normal?
I think next winter I'm going to organize an air biking race league in my garage.  Maybe some group rides too.

I make vroom vroom noises.....
Don't put words in my mouth ... I only make plap-plap-puh-plap noises when I see an H.D. ;) 

Beemer

• 1 month later...
Don't put words in my mouth ... I only make plap-plap-puh-plap noises when I see an H.D. ;)
to get the full Harley effect you also have to hook up the bike to a paint shaker.

2017 Yamaha FZ-07
2014 Yamaha BWS125

• Premium Member
I think next winter I'm going to organize an air biking race league in my garage.  Maybe some group rides too.
We also need multiple stands with a semi truck spring to mount to the bottom of the FZ-07, overhead movie projector, scent/wind machines and full THX sound 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

I have pulled the bike up on the kickstand and pivoted the rear end around in my cramped shop, I'm sure you'll be alright.

I have also taken naps on the bike at bridge openings, wrecks, etc.. but I do weigh considerably less.

Everything went braap.

• 3 weeks later...

As long as you are not making vroom vroom sounds and or any movements that would cause concern that you having carnal knowledge... Its all good

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I have pulled the bike up on the kickstand and pivoted the rear end around in my cramped shop, I'm sure you'll be alright.  
I have also taken naps on the bike at bridge openings, wrecks, etc.. but I do weigh considerably less.
A guy at a local test center used to turn bikes round on the side stand till one snapped, he had  2 or 3 complaints that the bikes were leaning furth after he had worked on them and turning
them was bending the stands, doubt if the one on the 07 would fail though as it's not a heavy bike to
start with, the one that broke was on a big Suzy Bandit.

Archived